Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

QD Exhaust - trouble fitting passenger peg

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  GotRoad? 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am excited to have the QD installed and love the way it sounds BUT I am having concerns about the angle the pipes are at. They are less than a millimeter away from the passenger peg and causes rubbing on the perfect carbon fiber. Yes, I followed the instructions an put washers to space the foot pegs out but it still is not acceptable.

I am going to fiddle some more with the piping in hopes of finding a better angle but there is not much wiggle room.

Did all of the spring connections line up perfectly?
What is the distance between the can and the rear wheel?
Distance between the passenger foot peg and can?

Thank you so much for the insight! I have considered removing the rear pegs but I do use the luggage from time to time. Plus I would rather just have the job done right.

Brian

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the QD exhaust on my 2011. I had the same issue. It actually pushed in on the can a little bit and had some rubbing. I didnt worry about on the basis that it was behind the pegs that caused the damage.

In short, you fit it up correctly. It just is.

#3 ·
Sometimes a misalignment at the bottom can translate to an easy 1/2" at the end, that means when the pipes get mounted to when the pipes get welded, I remember having a similar issue on my s4rs years ago, sometimes a 1/4" spacer solves the problem, that's the space I would be the least happy with.
Letting it rub just because that's how it's been built is not the right answer imho.
Cheers!

#5 ·
Hey boys, I refit everything and conjured a way to space things out! I'll post pics in the morning.

I didn't want to spend this much on exhaust BUT it sounds divine and looks pretty darn good too.
Thanks!

#6 ·
So I decided to take off the exhaust springs (3) and adjust with rubber mallet and a jack. I used my own hardware for the lower mount (brake side) and put a nut in between the two mounts to give the proper space from the footpeg.
I also added washers in between the upper mount in addition to the washers on the footpeg...photos describe the monkey wrenching.
Rode many miles today without any rubbing!

Attachments

#8 ·
Absolutely zero issue with the panniers :)

Although the system sounded great stock, I removed the cats and it sounds perfect now. I have not tried removing the silencers as I do not want it crazy loud but without the cats it is perfection.

Brian

#10 ·
I have +30K miles on my 2012 PP, with the QDs. There is ~2mm space between the can and the rear bracket. I've ridden many a mile with passenger and luggage. Absolutely zero problems. Love those cans...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.