Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok ladies, time to put your money on the table. We have 5 day to go to see who is who after testing tyres and electronics. My biggest question is how long Jlo and MM will be friends for.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,715 Posts
Far as I know racers leave friendships in pit lane.

·
7,715 Posts
That's your opinion, well respected journalists have expressed alternative ones.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
They can be friends up to the point when/if the fight for the Championship becomes between them.

My call is,
1. Lorenzo
2. Rossi
3. Maveric

I think Maveric might be faster than Rossi, but you know how it is, VR will cross the line first anyway.

I think we are going to see a few guys lose the front end, among them MM93, that's why he's not in that top 3. So much depends on the front tire they bring, sand on the track and how cold it is on race night.

Of course I'd LIKE to see,

1. Rossi
2. Pedrobot
3. Maveric
17. DNF Lorenzo
18. DNZ Marquez,

but I don't want to seem vindictive and petty.:grin2:>:)

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Ok ladies, time to put your money on the table. We have 5 day to go to see who is who after testing tyres and electronics. My biggest question is how long Jlo and MM will be friends for.
On a more interesting note, the word might not be, "friends", but it's something. It might not surface immediately but IT will surface eventually, because JLO, "owes" MM a championship. Yes I know, I said OWES. Owes him an entire Championship, but t's not complicated. You get someone a really good job, a job one step higher than they deserve, then at some point in the future you would expect the favor returned. When it gets returned its obvious, when is not returned the ripples go out, and you see the ripples, so again it's obvious. I'm not saying something dramatic is going to happen, now or maybe ever, but it'll be interesting to see what happens between these two over the next couple of years.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lorenzo has such a lead in lap times, it will be hard to discount him for the race. Granted those laps aren't necessarily indicative of full-race pace, but he surely will have pole unless something changes. I have a feeling hard dick (Iannone) and Maverick will be the ones to watch this year.

My predictions for the race:
Lorenzo
Iannone
Redding

My predictions for the championship:
Lorenzo
Rossi
Iannone

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm putting all my money on Jlo to win the title again. He is at the moment the best MotoGP rider on the best bike. Rossi? 3rd. The rest is open slather. We'll get the feel of things 3-4 races in.

·
7,715 Posts
I'm thinking there's going to be fireworks between Iannone and Vinales this year.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I predict two thirds of the race and racers will be close. Things will be tight but in the end money (Yamaha-Honda) will rule. So instead of the pack being 20 seconds behind the leaders, it will be ten seconds.
I have this strange feeling we will see more crashes.

·
comrade moderator
26,797 Posts
Oh yeah, between the electronics learning curve for the engineers and the tire learning curve for the riders, predictions are all but laughable right now.

The smart money stays in the pocket this year.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
God I can't wait 5am Monday
Don't wait too long mate. The race is on Sunday 5am AEDT. I know you blokes down south are a little behind the times. Watching the Moto3 FP1 now.

EDIT Your right it is Monday AM. The timing schedule on the MotoGP website is all screwed up Showing "Your Time". I forgot they don't do FP2 in Qatar for MotoGP on the same day as FP1 so the Sunday AM it was showing made sense for a conventional weekend.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts