Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read enough instructions, that I have removed the metal pin and adjusted the clutch/mirror/handlebars where I want them (starting on left side)...but to move the button up/down/enter switch, there are 2 very tiny star screws on the bottom of the plastic housing.
I assume I have to remove these to get to adjust it...any idea on the size? I don't have a bit that is small enough.

Right now, when you pull in the clutch, it hits the high beam flasher.

thx!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I forget what size drive to use for those screws, but there are pins on the handlebars that prevent the switch housings from rotating should they become loose. You'll need to remove these pins, cut them off, or whatever, before you can rotate the switch housings. Also, if you have the heated grips, they are also one with a couple of screws. You may need to rotate them as well, so look for two square cutouts in the grip flange near the switch housing. Pry up the little flap and you'll find a screw underneath.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forget what size drive to use for those screws, but there are pins on the handlebars that prevent the switch housings from rotating should they become loose. You'll need to remove these pins, cut them off, or whatever, before you can rotate the switch housings. Also, if you have the heated grips, they are also one with a couple of screws. You may need to rotate them as well, so look for two square cutouts in the grip flange near the switch housing. Pry up the little flap and you'll find a screw underneath.
Thanks, my neighbor had the right size screw. Now that I have the bottom plastic casing off, I can't see how to open the switch housing to get to the 2nd metal pin...Any ideas?

This is a bit more complex than I thought :smile2:
thx!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Apparently you need a special tool to insert into the housing. The tool part number is 88713.4967. Maybe you could use a screwdriver to depress whatever is inside that's locking the housing in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently you need a special tool to insert into the housing. The tool part number is 88713.4967. Maybe you could use a screwdriver to depress whatever is inside that's locking the housing in place.
Big thanks for finding that out.

I think I might go back to the stock position...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also if you cut the locating pin the switch assembly does not tighten enough to hold it from rotating.
Thanks, I'll probably put the pins back in as I am going back to the stock position.
I have seen quite a few other posts that say that both assemblies hold w/o the pins though...

I might try new mirrors...they look to be replaceable and if there was just more up/down adjustment, it might be enough...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just curious, what are you trying to accomplish by rotating the bars? Are you trying to make them higher?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious, what are you trying to accomplish by rotating the bars? Are you trying to make them higher?
Trying to get (at least) a tiny bit of forward lean. I know it is my personal bad habit, but since I sit perfectly upright, I lean back during many turns, which is disconcerting and I probably have less control.

I am hoping that if I lean forward a bit, I'll stop doing this !!!

Even with my dirt bike, I don't sit this upright...I need a fix...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts