Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My question is, if anybody has used the Hayabusa handle bar raisers, which seem to fit straight to ST3s/ST3 clipons.
What are your impressions, feeling?
How do they fit onto our bikes?
Thank you all
Stelios

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes Chuck,
As I say they don't fit without modification and even then not sure. Don't fall for it.

Been there done that, lucky the seller was reasonable and accepted return.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Chuckracer,
I read the whole story.
I don's mind a little fiddling , if the benefit justifies it.
The Q still remains. Is there a reasonable difference between the OEM bar and the offset one?
Is it worth it regarding the comfort?

Thanks again

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry mate, are you having a senior moment? They don't fit so why would you pay good money to modify them to see if they make enough difference?
Let us know if you think it's worth it, as I doubt anyone else has got that far.
Personally I see that the difference is not worth it, since I've fitted Helibars at great expense and though they move things heaps more than the Hayabusa ones might, there is still a questionmark even with the Helibars.
However I would say those Helibars are the way and the light because when I ride now I forget about wrist pain . I also lowered my pegs quite a bit so my knee angle is increased and there again I forget about my knees. Haven't tried a really long ride though, since these mods, but it definitely feels a whole lot more relaxed and riding has never been better.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I have the Busa risers, on my Busa. They made a minimal difference, as you can see just by looking at them. Have you checked on the Apex set up ? It’s the most adjustable one I’ve seen.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dewcatty,
Thank you for your comments, though I do not comprehend the term ''are you having a senior moment''?
My best guess is, if I am a bit retarded due to seniority.
If that is correct, Yes I am.
That's why I do not accept the term ''they don't fit''.
You point the way to the Helibars.
Aesthetically they are a shame to put it on a Duc IMHO.
I am trying to combine aesthetics with comfort, and that clipon raiser is according to my opinion again, the nest match.

Thanks again for your comments

Duc96cr
Yes I have seen the Apex set up, but I do not like the looks of it.
What intrigued me in the Busa raisers, was that I could make use of the pull back aspect, So even though the rise is minimal, maybe I could pull (rotate them) a bit towards me, and so help me raise my body a bit.
I do not have any wrist pain, I just want to feel less upper body fatigue, after riding a couple of hours in mountainous roads.

Thanks for your feedback

1 - 8 of 8 Posts