Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it have the "Corse" heat shield mounting bolts, i.e. two hole pattern or the single hole pattern like the stock system? Any issues mounting it on a bike with a biposto subframe? I have a mono... but the mono 98 748 came with a steel subframe (lame).

m'kthanks! :abduct:

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The new Termignoni 45/50 systems that we have in stock use the 998 type exhaust cover that looks like the 748-986 corsa and SPS cover but is cut of at the top to fit biposto footpegs. It has a slightly narrower bolt pattern than the Corsa or SPS.

We have corsa heelguard mounts that you can use if you want to use the wide Corsa or SPS exhaust cover.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I have a 45-50mm Termi on my 916 Biposto and it fits fine, I bought a CF heat shield on ebay which had the hole spacings too far apart so I cut off the mount and rewelded it back on, One thing I have noticed though since fitting it is that now my right leg doesn't get so hot but my left does. Also it looks like to fit the pillion footpegs might need some spacers as the pipes sit further outside the frame than the 45mm termis but I'm not certain on this as I have a mono seat and have not used the Bip seat with the 50mm cans. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty much what I expected from a half-system. I thought the peak power would have been a little better though over 45mm the slip-ons though. Pity. I think I'll have to find a set of slip-ons (if they are still available) and put the rest of the money into other toys. Probably weight reduction and braking. The stock 748's braking system always seemed a little anemic vs. my old 900SS/SP with iron rotors and braided lines.

Thanks for the info though, it's something to think about. I'm still shopping at the moment. I haven't searched yet but are high(er) compression pistons or a lightened flywheel worth it? I think the flywheel my sacrifice some rideability on the street though.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
If your dong a 748, I´d start with setting the squish and timing the cams after doing the normal "Open intake and exhaust with PC3/chip" mod.

Pretty easy and inexpensive. After that I´d start looking at lightening the bike. My Mag-wheels probably let a few more ponnies run on the road instead of hauling a heavy rim around. Also improved braking and accel aswell as a MAJOR improvment in flickability.

I´d rather go 853 or maybe even 890 then 748 HC pistons, but that´s just me.

//amullo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts