Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

putting the wheel back together

1K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  loony888 
#1 ·
I forgot to take pics and its been awhile since I took it apart.
my google fu is failing me because i cant find any pics of these going back on.
I cant tell from the parts list PDF how the 2 brass bushing go back in.
I think the one on the left is #17 on the parts list.
is this right?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The larger "RING" has its flat side toward/against the swingarm. The other one only goes on one way

Reactions: solohelp
#10 ·
tighten the bolt until it goes soft then back off a hair lol---Dont laugh I've see it many times

#19 ·
The wheel in question should not be too hard.
But imho it's better to pay a pro $$$ to do it right the first time, than to eff it up and pay $$$$ for the pro to unfuck your thing. A lot easier too. Said the guy who tries to know his limits of skill.

#23 ·
truth about this job is it's really easy-The inner sleeve I put them in the freezer over night then push by hand to get it started and straight then I use a hand arbor press to push it in until seated. The pins I would do with hand tools and a torque wrench--I have seen a pin break when someone used an air impact on it

#26 ·
Easy maybe. Except if there are several things in there I don't know what they are / wtf you are talking about. :ROFLMAO:

I have an air impact wrench. Cheapest one Harbor Fright had. I used it once to remove some VFR bolts I could not remove otherwise. It worked. It resides in it's box in a cabinet in the garage. I would let if go cheap if someone wanted it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.