Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to take pics and its been awhile since I took it apart.
my google fu is failing me because i cant find any pics of these going back on.
I cant tell from the parts list PDF how the 2 brass bushing go back in.
I think the one on the left is #17 on the parts list.
is this right?

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 M1100S, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille-R, 2x 1981Guzzi Monzas, IWL Pity, Piaggio Hexagon, PX Vespa
590 Posts
The larger "RING" has its flat side toward/against the swingarm. The other one only goes on one way

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
the sleeve goes through from the inner side, the beveled spacer on the outside with the beveled edge to the inside.

why are the sprocket studs so far down in the nuts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sleeve goes through from the inner side, the beveled spacer on the outside with the beveled edge to the inside.

why are the sprocket studs so far down in the nuts?
I havent tightened them yet. need to dig out the impact driver and compressor.

thanks!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Impact driver--RUNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYYY

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I havent tightened them yet. need to dig out the impact driver and compressor.

thanks!!
Im not saying you are one of these --but I would not trust 95% of the people out there to use those tools correctly. I see it too often

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
... how's about a torque wrench ...
yea I have one but loctite and an impact have served me well over the years. And I never have to look for torque specs!
Im not saying you are one of these --but I would not trust 95% of the people out there to use those tools correctly. I see it too often
im probably one of them but nothings fallen off in the past ;)

thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
tighten the bolt until it goes soft then back off a hair lol---Dont laugh I've see it many times

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
make sure the cush pins are screwed hard into the carrier and load the carrier to hold them in hard when tightening the nuts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
make sure the cush pins are screwed hard into the carrier and load the carrier to hold them in hard when tightening the nuts.
they are really tight. I couldnt break them loose first try and then realized I didnt need to paint them so left them alone. Ill double check them though. thanks

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Flip a coin-one works just as good as another lol

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Or Ducvet or Belter we likes those $$$$$$$

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The wheel in question should not be too hard.
But imho it's better to pay a pro $$$ to do it right the first time, than to eff it up and pay $$$$ for the pro to unfuck your thing. A lot easier too. Said the guy who tries to know his limits of skill.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts