Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Putoline Engine Oil?

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  breaddrink 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Those should be perfectly fine. Many people make a big deal over being picky about silly things.

Synthetic oils are better than natural. If you have a wet clutch, you need an oil that is designed for that, which your link seems to be. With a dry clutch, even that doesn't matter.

I've been putting into my Ducati whatever synthetic is easiest to get at any given moment, and changing it every 5K to 6K miles. I use the recommended 20W/50 for most of the riding season, but sometimes switch to 10W/40 for the colder months, when it's usually below 40F out. That seems to have worked fine for the last 260K miles, so I'm calling that good.

PhilB

Reactions: SP3
#3 ·
Some K&N 153 filters don't fit anymore. They redesigned the depth of where the threads begin and some won't grab the nipple to screw on. I've switched to Hiflo Filtro. Not sure if K&N went back to the previous design. Caveat emptor.

#8 ·
I'd suggest you read your owners manual, and use the oil best suited to your climate.
Since you don't list your location, how can anyone give advice on the best oil for you?

Craig

#9 ·
I suggest you actually read my original post, and write a reply that's best suited.
I wasn't asking for suggestions of what oil to use, I was asking if anyone had used the oil I'm intending to use and what they thought.

Thanks for being the first instance of negativity I've encountered on this otherwise great forum.

#11 ·
I've heard good things about this putoline Nano oil.
On dutch fora they 're pretty positiv on this oil, but not specificially for ducati's. Read that they use it in speedway also.

I myself considered using this putoline nano oil but then in spec 15W50, I think that's better suited for your ducati.
But I decided to go for Motul 300V so that will be used in my tuned 888SP3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.