Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then I need to take a much needed day off from reality and give life some “perspective”. Yesterday was such a day. No thoughts of expanding tanks, fueling issues or what I was leaving behind, just a magical ride on my SFS.

The day was gorgeous, took off early to head for my favorite back roads. It seemed as though the riding gods were smiling down on me, I was in a “bubble” where there were neither cops nor lame cagers. The few cars I did come upon politely moved or waved me by and a waved back in appreciation. I explored the remnants of any chicken strips I may have had left with DTC set to 1 for maximum hooliganism. Brief stops only for petrol, some for me and some for my Duc, otherwise I spent most of the ~250 miles or so in the saddle. This is why we ride, the second best feeling in the world. ;)

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled rants…

·
Registered
269 Posts
Every now and then I need to take a much needed day off from reality and give life some “perspective”. Yesterday was such a day. No thoughts of expanding tanks, fueling issues or what I was leaving behind, just a magical ride on my SFS.

The day was gorgeous, took off early to head for my favorite back roads. It seemed as though the riding gods were smiling down on me, I was in a “bubble” where there were neither cops nor lame cagers. The few cars I did come upon politely moved or waved me by and a waved back in appreciation. I explored the remnants of any chicken strips I may have had left with DTC set to 1 for maximum hooliganism. Brief stops only for petrol, some for me and some for my Duc, otherwise I spent most of the ~250 miles or so in the saddle. This is why we ride, the second best feeling in the world. ;)

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled rants…

Wrong.

Didn't anyone tell you ? bikes serve no purpose besides "posing", are dangerous, and generally limit you from many things (carrying capacity/passengers etc).

^^ tis' what a 38 year-old (female) friend told me the other day...
You know what's funny man ? If you mention to these people the "real" reason of why you're riding a moto (i.e :same reasons you described) they're just gonna laugh you off calling you A) a poser and B) a pseudo-romantic...
It's a shame but this is the "harsh" reality...

... and not a single phuck is given :D:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
It may be the second best feeling in the world to you. But, personally, I have never felt better than being WOT and knee dragging. To me it's better than sex, drugs, skydiving, ect. The only thing that comes close is skiing very fast.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great post! I had a similar experience today. Few things could compete with the sheer joy of a great ride.

Klem - Don't forget that many people claim to despise something out of jealousy. Rather than admit to themselves that want to do something but cannot, they convince themselves that they didn't want to do in the first place. We run across this constantly in everyday life.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I broke up with my long time girlfriend of about five years and I totaled my duc after hitting a deer, I miss the bike more! To me there is no better feeling than screaming down the back roads

·
Registered
252 Posts
I broke up with my long time girlfriend of about five years and I totaled my duc after hitting a deer, I miss the bike more! To me there is no better feeling than screaming down the back roads
What you don't realize is that your ex-girlfriend is a witch and she summoned the deer into the road at that very moment because she knew that you preferred your Ducati over her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts