Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I went to pull the wheels off my 2015 DVT S Touring model. I had a hell of a time getting the front brake calipers to come off to remove the wheel. How are you guy's doing this without scratching up the rim? It's a tight fit, especially the left side.:frown2:

·
Registered
576 Posts
not sure on the 2015 but on the 13 its a slow, gentle push to get the pucks away from the disc and then wiggle.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Keep one eye on the reservoir level when you are pushing the pucks in.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Take off the caliper with the single banjo first, right side I think from memory. Once you have the two caliper bolts removed, twist the caliper to force the pads back into the caliper, you'll eventually get enough clearance between the rotor and the wheel rim. You can alway put a strip of duct tape on the wheel rim to protect the paint. Then repeat on the other side with the double banjo.

When putting the calipers back on, install the double banjo caliper first.

Reactions: Crazybrother

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take off the caliper with the single banjo first, right side I think from memory. Once you have the two caliper bolts removed, twist the caliper to force the pads back into the caliper, you'll eventually get enough clearance between the rotor and the wheel rim. You can alway put a strip of duct tape on the wheel rim to protect the paint. Then repeat on the other side with the double banjo.

When putting the calipers back on, install the double banjo caliper first.
Thanks Chris, that's what I did... The double banjo side was the hardest to get off and back on... I did use the tape idea... It seems like that was an afterthought from Ducati when they put the larger rotors on the S>:)-Touring model...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts