Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out , just 5.5 miles from my mothers home in Arkansas is AR341 which I've driven on while exploring/searching for new spots to trout fish the White river (Bull Shoals tail waters) is also called Push Mountain Rd And apparently it's a gem of a road to ride on a motorbike , so I borrowed a friends trailer and and loaded up the motorbike and a couple of my mountainbikes and off I went (on vacation) to visit mom , there's too much water going thru the bull shoals dam for me to safely wade out for trout so I'm gonna wait for it to warm up a bit this afternoon and then check out push mtn rd , feelin to lazy to hit the mountain bike trails

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Push Mtn Rd was/is real fun and it did a lot to reduce the chicken stip on the new tires yesterday(LOL) and there is still too much water going thru the dams today for me to fish so I've ridden by some of my fishin spots just to look at the water (it's all good) .......lots of great country roads around here

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone here has ever ridden push mtn rd then there may be a photoshot of it , check out www.pushmountainpics.com and look up the folder for the day that you rode there and maybe hes got your shot , found 14 pics of me going both ways past him and I don't really remember seeing him , I guess he got so many shots since I'm so slow , it's kind of cool just to look thru the pics of so many different types of bikes using the route

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An easy out and back ride on our type of bikes right ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hell yeah you old farts! hahaha

Ive done 400 in a day. 500+ a weekend. I think I might need a nap to give my knees a rest though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think right now your missing your motorbike so much you'd probably commit to any ride anywhere for any length about now huh , think I'll ride to work today and risk that rain chance tonight

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
On holiday now and vacation next week , so i'm in Arkansas and Fridays temps are supposed to be upper 30's and I'm gonna hit the twisty's , wooohoooooo was starting to have withdawals

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a huge grin on my face right now that just won't wipe off

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's colder today (hi 28) , but I'm here so I gotta try to ride , that grin may get frozen on my face today

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh Yeah ......the grins back , upper 20's ain't that bad and the twisty's are tight enough that I'm moving around on the bike enough to keep the blood flowing , have to admit I'm feeling it in my thighs right now

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4 inches of snow on the ground and they don't do a whole lot about it down here, so it looks like that grin ain't gonna come back too soon

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
frickin' snow

·
Registered
234 Posts
i've been meaning to check out push mtn rd for a while now. i've got to give you credit, i don't think i would be out there in 30ish degree weather.

glad you're having a good time, maybe we can make a club trip out there this summer

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I really was having fun till the snow hit, if you ever do get down here I highly recomend that you ride "Scenic 7" it's arkansas' hiway 7 south of Harrison Ar. It's a must ride, I've only ridden the northern half as an out/back and I could hardly believe how twisty and tight parts of it are.......... Oh well, guess I'll be heading back home today

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heading back down on Tuesday, forcasted temps in the 40's with some sunshine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts