Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a ride of a new 1100S and I want it! But as always, I'm figuring out how much I should actually pay for one.

The shop I'm considering to buy it at recently had a sale of 696's for a $2000 discount. So, $10k. I could say that I can get a $2k discount off the 1100S.

Would that be correct? The only extras I would like would be frame and axle sliders ;) The slip-on exhaust by Termigoni would be cool.. But it looks like a largely cosmetic enhancement than anything else. I personally wouldn't want to spend more than $750 on that...

Bottom line: What's a good bottom price + fees for this bike?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I took a ride of a new 1100S and I want it! But as always, I'm figuring out how much I should actually pay for one.

Bottom line: What's a good bottom price + fees for this bike?
i've never paid any set up fees for a bike. actually lost out on one bike i really wanted due to it being a hot new ride and no dealers dealing :mad:

so bottom line is that it's still the middle of summer and you are wanting a hot bike. it's likely that you'll have to be happy with sticker + dmv + tax

but if you can wait a year, you may get it for sticker OTD (or get a nice used one for thousands off - somebody is always buying a duc that ends up just sitting in their garage :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bottom line.

Yeah, I could go used.. I usually do.. But not this time. There are several reasons for this.. It makes sense in a lot of ways right now.

If they have a sale of 696's for $2k off MSRP, they REALLY want to sell in my book. Whether it's summer or not. They had several demos and several new 696s and 1100s. I want to know what's a reasonable sale for the dealer.. I'm fair, but I want to get the lowest price too... Maybe get some extras..

i've never paid any set up fees for a bike. actually lost out on one bike i really wanted due to it being a hot new ride and no dealers dealing :mad:

so bottom line is that it's still the middle of summer and you are wanting a hot bike. it's likely that you'll have to be happy with sticker + dmv + tax

but if you can wait a year, you may get it for sticker OTD (or get a nice used one for thousands off - somebody is always buying a duc that ends up just sitting in their garage :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Good luck finding any discount on that bike new. You may be able to find a nice used bike for 2-3k off sticker. They are a bit too new and looks like one of Ducati's best yet.

We found a great one with a full termi, ecu, filters, etc, etc for $14.5. I know this dealer quite well and he could have gotten much more for it. The previous owner was out the door north of 20k when he took delivery of this bike just 2 months ago!

·
Registered
230 Posts
the 1100 is too new to deal, and they are not as plentiful as the 696s. I had to pay full msrp + ALL fees for mine :(

but then again, there is only one Ducati dealer in the whole state of hawaii

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Making the deal.

I'll let you guys know what happens... I think the 'still to new' argument to be moot.. The economy sucks and people want, no, need to make a sale. And if you live in Hawaii, yeah, you will probably not get a deal :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Look for a demo, I just got a demo 1100S with $900 in extras for $12,700, and remember demos come with a full warrenty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long ago was this? Was that out the door price. If I could score the 1100s for 11k or 12k OTD, I'd be pumped.

Look for a demo, I just got a demo 1100S with $900 in extras for $12,700, and remember demos come with a full warrenty.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How long ago was this? Was that out the door price. If I could score the 1100s for 11k or 12k OTD, I'd be pumped.
A new M1100S OTD for 11k??? I seriously doubt you can even get a M1100 for that. A new M1100S for 11k is fantasy land, sorry. Try to score a demo. They're almost new, depending on who took it for a test ride...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I paid 15,000 plus tax, no other fees back in April. That was good enough for me to buy then and there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Time will tell...

We'll see.. Ducati stores are slashing prices on the 1100.. Heck they had 'em on sale for $10k.. True, that's not OTD, but I bet you could get them to give you at least another $500 off. By the time I buy one, summer is practically over and it might be a while when they make another sale...

A new M1100S OTD for 11k??? I seriously doubt you can even get a M1100 for that. A new M1100S for 11k is fantasy land, sorry. Try to score a demo. They're almost new, depending on who took it for a test ride...

·
Registered
38 Posts
'09 M1100S. Purchased 06/27/09. $12373 OTD. That's with $1500 equity in my trade.

Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
One other thing to possibly consider; unless you're paying cash, what is the percentage rate on the financing you're getting?

·
Registered
230 Posts
We'll see.. Ducati stores are slashing prices on the 1100.. Heck they had 'em on sale for $10k.. True, that's not OTD, but I bet you could get them to give you at least another $500 off. By the time I buy one, summer is practically over and it might be a while when they make another sale...
who had the M1100 on sale for 10k?? they'd be better off selling it to another dealer than selling them at that price!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts