Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well having waited for 2-3 months for the right used SoCal bike to come up, I have thrown in the towel and committed to a new red 09 S from PI. I feel like they have given me a very fair shake though and it is always nice to have new bike so I am excitedly getting my mod list ready..bigger tank, DP exhaust, etc. Any advice always appreciated. Thx.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Well having waited for 2-3 months for the right used SoCal bike to come up, I have thrown in the towel and committed to a new red 09 S from PI. I feel like they have given me a very fair shake though and it is always nice to have new bike so I am excitedly getting my mod list ready..bigger tank, DP exhaust, etc. Any advice always appreciated. Thx.
Lots & lots of advice, just keep reading......:think: Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Don't mod anything until you've put a thousand or two miles on the bike. You'll have a better sense of how the bike relates to your riding style. Your priority of upgrades might change.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Give it back and get a non S and use the saved money for the Race Tech suspension. All the S shit has proven to be a bust. :eek:

Either way, it is a fun bike.

Out!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think that the '09 had the same issues with the forks as the '08...KYB now.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Give it back and get a non S and use the saved money for the Race Tech suspension. All the S shit has proven to be a bust. :eek:

Either way, it is a fun bike.

Out!
That's funny, my Ohlins works great, the lighter wheels are uh, lighter, and I didn't have to spend the money replacing the plastic crap with CF. The forks? Dissapointing. The rest? As advertised.

·
Premium Member
12,281 Posts
ENJOY the New bike ,warrantee ,spankin new good tires, that new bike smell ,the Zeros on the odometer, the lack of bug splat,
Enjoy making your own decisions about how to mod and don't let ones do your thinking for you..

I put Termi slipons when purchased ,so don't know what stock is...
Break it in NOT EASY,
Keep reading and my advice is to not do anything you cannot undo ...
Usually there is cheaper alternatives for mods ,,,

Got more specific questions ? ask away .Sometimes you won.t like the answers tho...
Bet your anxious right now and smiling????
Have fun with your brand new shiny bike .
Did you set the right Colour?? Very important,,

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
That's funny, my Ohlins works great, the lighter wheels are uh, lighter, and I didn't have to spend the money replacing the plastic crap with CF. The forks? Dissapointing. The rest? As advertised.
Yep.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Enjoy your new S S = Shiznit!!! Standard = ......well, the bike below the S

Either way you will have a blast on your new Hyper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts