Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys had a puk kit (power up kit) in stalled in my hyper from intake express
and are very happy with it can not get the simle of my face every time i ride it
now.what a improvement over the standard bike. was chasing more power and gained 12 more horse power and a lot more torque it smothed the power out and stoped the low speed surging.The fuel economy did not change and the intake roar when you crack the throttle is AWESOME....... this is far more cheaper and gave more power then fitting a termi kit. so check it out
Welcome to Intake Express

·
Registered
50 Posts
But if you do both you get twice the fun :) Love mine so much more useable power. Cannot beat the intake roar.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry but aquiring 12 more horsepower and "a lot more torque" ..while not changing the fuel economy is just bullshit. Sounds like you guys own that company and are just trying to peddle that crap on the Internet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry but aquiring 12 more horsepower and "a lot more torque" ..while not changing the fuel economy is just bullshit. Sounds like you guys own that company and are just trying to peddle that crap on the Internet.
Have to agree mine uses a bit more fuel not huge amounts. Can cruise around at lower rpm as snatching at those revs reduced heaps. Dyno before and after in this thread http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/125250-hyper-customising.html

Best mod I have ever done on any bike. Wish I did own the company the Pattersons have heaps of fun racing bikes.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
hey guys had a puk kit (power up kit) in stalled in my hyper from intake express
and are very happy with it can not get the simle of my face every time i ride it
now.what a improvement over the standard bike. was chasing more power and gained 12 more horse power and a lot more torque it smothed the power out and stoped the low speed surging.The fuel economy did not change and the intake roar when you crack the throttle is AWESOME....... this is far more cheaper and gave more power then fitting a termi kit. so check it out
Welcome to Intake Express
Seven9six is correct, this is total "BS" you can't make 12HP without using A LOT more fuel, (I know) my mileage is in the toilet, but my Hyper makes a lot of power.
Just adding a stack system (I don't care who's it is) to a 1100 motor will not give you 12HP more, more like 4 to 6 HP, this is based on MANY dyno runs of the Hyper over the last 4 years. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
76 Posts
Considering how rich these things run down low and the fact that you have to cruise about 4,000 rpm . . . if the intake and tune can broader the usable power and lean it out a little, so you can cruise at between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm, as well as improving peak power, I would expect the fuel consumption over all to be roughly the same. With noticeable decrease in efficiency when beating up on it.

. . . Don’t know about you guys, but I don’t commute with the hyper bouncing of the rev limiter all ride!

Just my 2c worth.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Considering how rich these things run down low and the fact that you have to cruise about 4,000 rpm . . . if the intake and tune can broader the usable power and lean it out a little, so you can cruise at between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm, as well as improving peak power, I would expect the fuel consumption over all to be roughly the same. With noticeable decrease in efficiency when beating up on it.

. . . Don’t know about you guys, but I don’t commute with the hyper bouncing of the rev limiter all ride!

Just my 2c worth.
The stock Hypers run VERY LEAN through out the rev range due to having to meet emmisions.
The DP cams ECU (the richest) is 18% richer than stock, & is still not rich enough will the full mods that use the stacks, so a fuel modder (like a PCV) will have to be used to make
it even richer, so there goes your mileage. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was under the impression that under 4,000rpm the EvoSP was really rich . . . thus you cant play with any of the ecu settings under that point.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Just my 2c worth.
Hey if you guys down in Austrailia REALLY want to make your Hypers run like a Hyabusa on nitrous.....i have some very special valve stem caps that Elraldo Ferracchi sold me on the sly. Just screw them on and you instantly get 27.5 horespower...BETTER gas mileage....more torque...and a guaranteed podium finish in any AMA race. For you....just $10.95 USD. Do you want my Pay Pal address????

·
Registered
76 Posts
Everyone loves a smart arse!

So you guys are debating that the dyno results, before and after, are incorrect? . . . or the fact that the guys who have installed this kit are finding the power more usable, with a considerable reduction in the chatter/clunky revving below 4,000 rpm and that they haven’t noticed a considerable degradation in fuel efficiency?

As I was noting before, unless you are ringing its neck, would you notice a considerable difference fuel consumption?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Everyone loves a smart arse!

So you guys are debating that the dyno results, before and after, are incorrect? . . . or the fact that the guys who have installed this kit are finding the power more usable, with a considerable reduction in the chatter/clunky revving below 4,000 rpm and that they haven’t noticed a considerable degradation in fuel efficiency?

As I was noting before, unless you are ringing its neck, would you notice a considerable difference fuel consumption?
Gino....it doesn't matter what dyno runs they fabricated to sell their shit. You have no real idea what they did to that bike to get those figures. We are flat out telling you that you will NEVER get a 12 horespower increase by ONLY installing stacks on a bike. Did you get that? NEVER. It is not possible. You can install the best complete exhaust full system on a bike and then pay more to have it mapped correctly and all you will ever get is about 4 to 8 horespower. Think about it. No velocity stack in the world will give you 12 hp just by itself. If that company is telling you that...they are fulla shit or high on crack...or both. No matter how you look at it..they are crooks.

I just looked at this "kit". It is two velocity stacks and a power commander. You'll never see 12 hp with this kit. Maybe the original poster had a hard on and can't read English well enough to look at the correct before and after dyno runs for this kit. He was probaly looking at the POWER UP kit they sell.....and that is a COMPLETE new intake system including carbs...stacks.....filters...power commander..etc etc.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Considering how rich these things run down low and the fact that you have to cruise about 4,000 rpm . . .
What in the world would make you think any motor vehicle that has passed EPA Euro III and CARB regs is very rich down low?
Michael

·
Registered
76 Posts
I understand what you guys are saying and appreciate your input . . no need to get fired up guys.

I am simply trying to get my head around if this is a good value for money kit, that will provide my Evo SP with better power delivery and ride-ability . . I couldn't give a fuk about how my HP i can show on a dyno, my dick is big enough without having to brag.

In component form, the Wasp HYPER PUK kit consists of:

- Power-Commander PCV includes complete wiring harness with twin cyl tuned maps pre-loaded for your configuration.
- Anodized 6061-T6 billet alloy performance inlet bellmouths.
- K&N washable un-limited mile guarantee inlet filters.
- Outerwears™ water repellent inlet filter socks.
- K&N washable un-limited mile guarantee air-idle and crank-case breather filters.
- Anodized 6061-T6 billet alloy filter mounts, air-idle breather hose and stainless steel hose clamps.
- All stainless steel bolts and fasteners for complete installation.
- Laser-cut and CNC press stainless steel front and rear ignition coil and PC3 mounting plates.
- Cable-ties for PCV harness restraint.
- Comprehensive 36 page full colour downloadable installation manual with over 60 high resolution photographs.

I hear rave reviews about putting this sort of kit in your bike . . . why is this one any different? I am chasing educated answers not peoples random opinions . . they are like arseholes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I understand what you guys are saying and appreciate your input . . no need to get fired up guys.

I am simply trying to get my head around if this is a good value for money kit, that will provide my Evo SP with better power delivery and ride-ability . .
You can get a Duc shop stack kit for $300 and a power commander V with o2 optimizers for $320 so if it's cheaper than $620 you would be saving some money.

Also the map there are giving you , you could get yourself right from dynojets website. Just choose the one that matches your bike. What kind of exhaust are u looking at ? Exhaust plays major part in performance !!

·
Registered
307 Posts

I am simply trying to get my head around if this is a good value for money kit, that will provide my Evo SP with better power delivery and ride-ability . . I couldn't give a fuk about how my HP i can show on a dyno, my dick is big enough without having to brag.

In component form, the Wasp HYPER PUK kit consists of:

- Power-Commander PCV includes complete wiring harness with twin cyl tuned maps pre-loaded for your configuration.
- Anodized 6061-T6 billet alloy performance inlet bellmouths.
- K&N washable un-limited mile guarantee inlet filters.
- Outerwears™ water repellent inlet filter socks.
- K&N washable un-limited mile guarantee air-idle and crank-case breather filters.
- Anodized 6061-T6 billet alloy filter mounts, air-idle breather hose and stainless steel hose clamps.
- All stainless steel bolts and fasteners for complete installation.
- Laser-cut and CNC press stainless steel front and rear ignition coil and PC3 mounting plates.
- Cable-ties for PCV harness restraint.
- Comprehensive 36 page full colour downloadable installation manual with over 60 high resolution photographs.

I hear rave reviews about putting this sort of kit in your bike . . . why is this one any different? I am chasing educated answers not peoples random opinions . . they are like arseholes.
Gino..if you want improvement...first you have to have at least a slip on....or better yet...a new aftermaket exhaust system. This in combo with the PC5 and the correct map...will improve the bike way more than just stacks and a PC5. Can't pump more air IN than you pump OUT.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gino..if you want improvement...first you have to have at least a slip on....or better yet...a new aftermaket exhaust system. This in combo with the PC5 and the correct map...will improve the bike way more than just stacks and a PC5. Can't pump more air IN than you pump OUT.
Valid point, i suppose it comes down to personal preference. . . . I live in an apartment complex and leave for work in the early hours, I thumping open system just isn’t what I’m after at the moment . . but a slip-on could be on the cards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jeez missed the fuss. Mine with termi and cat delete with puk is running 101hp. Dynoed at busso Ducati.

So are you telling me they fabricated that run?? That's a big call

Seat of the pants is chalk and cheese. Easily monos in third now and I am not that good at them. Would recommend the puk to anyone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts