Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Puig Windshield. Looks great and works just as I had hoped.

Issue is, it vibrates and makes an audible buzzing sound. I can reach out and put a little pressure on the top edge which stops the buzzing.

I installed with the stock rubber bushings and tightened well. Love the screen, just don't want to live with the noise if possible.

Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I own that Puig windscreen. After riding with it for a week, I decided it was worse than the stock screen, so now it's in a corner gathering dust. Problem solved! Tap on the edges of the screen near the two upper bolts and it should be pretty obvious where it hits the mount, causing the buzz. I guess you could put some foam or cork or something behind the screen to keep it from buzzing against the plastic...

·
Registered
270 Posts
It rubs on the front fairing, I put some velcro under the windshield and it now works great. Just find where it's rubbing and you will see what i'm talking about. Problem Solved

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, I'm considering buying this screen for my 2016 MTS. What's the verdict? Is it a marked improvement over the stock screen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Guys, I'm considering buying this screen for my 2016 MTS. What's the verdict? Is it a marked improvement over the stock screen?
I found the Puig Touring Windscreen for the 2016 Multistrada to be a complete waste of money. I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. For me, there's absolutely no improvement in terms of wind noise or buffeting. If anything, the Puig screen is slightly worse than the stock screen. And that's before you take the super-annoying buzzing into account...

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
52 Posts
Was about to buy one for $60 new. Money saved

·
Registered
6 Posts
DucPilot.com spacers did the trick on the CalSci Medium and the OEM screen (two different 1260S).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts