Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this Monster a couple weeks ago. Its growing on me everyday. The past few years I've been riding a couple Sport 1000s. This bike is a whole new animal. I'm really happy with the ride now that I've adjusted the riding position a bit. I saw someone in here refer to it as "monster balls". Being 6'2" the seat angle wasn't quite right for the upright body position. Rides great now. It's too bad the season is winding down...
Not very good pictures, but here she is.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks freakin awesome...

gotta q for ya.... did you have to lower the exhaust for the fender elimiator and did you ride with the stock mirrors before changing? If so do you think you have better vision in your bar ends?

Nice ride, enjoy the road!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
No, I used the Competition Werkes fender eliminator which didn't require moving the exhaust. I've only got 600 miles on the bike so far, 550 with the stock handlebar and mirrors. The bar end mirrors are better despite being smaller. I found 2/3 of the view in my stock mirrors were obscured by my arms anyway. I just traded in a Sport 1000 which had much larger bar end mirrors that were probably the best function I've ever used. I'm anxious to ride and get used to them and also a feel for the rear sets I installed today.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're Ducati comfort riser clip-ons that came with my 06 Sport 1000 and Rizoma mirrors.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I thought the handle bars looked like they could be from the sport 1000. How do you like the ergonomics of the monster with those bars? Is it close to the sport?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's still not as aggressive as the position on the Sport 1000, but a nice compromise. The stock riding position was a little too upright for my liking. The stock rear sets were really low too. People have to be dragging their feet at the track riding OEM. I still haven't ridden yet with the new Sato's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts