Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a damper for my hyper, but ohlins or DP ones are so damn expensive. I found a brand called PSR (www.psr-usa.com) which will actually sell me on for $399. The look very similar to the Scott's or GPR dampers and I'm considering buying one. Has anyone had experience with these? Is there really that much of a difference between brands... all it is is something which tightens down and slows down the steering right? Set me straight if I'm wrong here... but for "normal" (aka, not Tye) people who enjoy ripping around on the roads and occasional track day... does steering damper brand matter much?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Do not buy a PSR damper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=221911&highlight=psr

Roadracingworld magazine did an article just on PSR's steering damper and how they blatantly copied GPR but because patent laws are so expensive and difficult to prosecute they would more than likely never see any reprocusions. Bunch of freakin theaves stealing other peoples designs and selling them as their own. Several reputable vendors I buy parts from refuse to sell their products because everything they make is copied from something else on the market.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Do not buy a PSR damper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=221911&highlight=psr

Roadracingworld magazine did an article just on PSR's steering damper and how they blatantly copied GPR but because patent laws are so expensive and difficult to prosecute they would more than likely never see any reprocusions. Bunch of freakin theaves stealing other peoples designs and selling them as their own. Several reputable vendors I buy parts from refuse to sell their products because everything they make is copied from something else on the market.
+1000

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the head's up... but wouldn't you just know my luck that the one for the 1098 costs $349 (reasonable, within my budget) and one for the hypermotard costs a whopping $200 more!!! whaaa happened?

·
Registered
638 Posts
cost...

something to do with the 1098 has frame tabs and the other biked need more hardware due to no frame tab for the damper...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yeah the Hyper kit has a lot more machined pieces since it needs a mount to the handlebar clamp and to the ignition while the 1098 kit just needs the mount around the damper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts