Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ROF
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
zooom said:
looks damn good!....what else do you have planned?
I think I have just about done most of the cosmetic stuff. May add a few more "gold" pieces (bar ends, clutch plate, breather assmebly and chain). I am still thinking about adding a bit of paint to the body parts. See images attached. I don't think the tank and cowling stripe was on the orig 750SS.

I am also thinking about another version of the tail section modification, specifically related to those folks in other parts of the world that have those huge mud-flap sized license plates.

Speaking of tail section mods, I am talking to a guy that has a fantastic design for reworking the tail lights and license plate. I really like his approach since it uses the OEM lights. My only concerns are related to the clearance between the tire and the license plate but he is very assured that should not be a problem and I defer to him. My calculations were based on having the rear shock "bottom out" but I am hearing that is almost impossible. You can check out what he is doing at: http://www.dpcars.net/
Click on the image of the PS1000 on the left of the page.

Phil
Salem, Oregon

Attachments

·
ROF
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reducs said:
I really like the bracket, but where do you put the inspection sticker? What do people do with other license plate relocators?

Overall, he's onto something.
Not sure about any additional stickers. Good question. Depending on how large these inspection sticker are one might affix it to a flexible piece that attaches to one of the bottom license plate bolts. Kind of a mini-mud-flap thing. ;-) Since I don't have to deal with inspection stickers and it doesn't sound like the guy who designed the bracket in question has, can you offer any insight? Do these stickers actually have to be visible or can you carry it with you? I just pulled up an image of rear end of my PS prior to not changing anything and I am not sure where an inspection sticker would go in the stock configuration. I also looked at several license plate frames and mounts from Custom Dynamics and I didn't see any additional real-estate that might be available beyond what the frame affords.

Phil

·
ROF
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J24Joe said:
The 2 into 1 chromed looks classy on the classic. Love it!
Actually it is just polished Stainless Steel. The folks down the street from me at the chrome shop polished them up for me.... They are turning a beautiful golden color. I tell folks that polish job on these headers is as good as what I have had on my Staintune systems. As I mention on PS Web Site Section Specific To The Termi 2 -into- 1 System , you can NOT do this at home unless you have the right equipment. I have seen some botched jobs.

Phil

·
Registered
40 Posts
"I don't think the tank and cowling stripe was on the orig 750SS."

FWIW, the original 750SS did have green stripe running down the front fender, tank and seat cowling. Also, that cheesy "Made In Italy" decal seen in one of your PS pics was also found on the bevel 750SS.

Regards,
Steve Ross

·
ROF
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Latest Rear End Mods

I just finished the latest version of mods to the rear of my PS.

Tail lights, turn signals and license plate holder/illuminator.

Turn signals are new and also added plate illuninator.
I really like these turn signals over the Ducati after-market turn signals.

http://blackbirdxx.org/PS1000LE/TAILMODSV3.html

Latest mods start about mid-way down the page. Version 3.10

·
ROF
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another Paul Smart 1000LE is available in Salem Oregon!

My dealer, Salem Honda BMW Ducati just received their third PS1000LE the other day. As I have mentioned before, these folks are great! Great sales, parts and service staff!!!

I have NO vested interest in Salem Honda BMW Ducati other then I am hoping someone local will buy their latest Paul Smart and I will have someone close by to ride with and swap stories....

Phil
Salem, Oregon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.