Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've acquired a pair of OEM PS handlebars that I'm hoping to use on the 06 Monoposto I have.

My assumption was that the locking pins would be removable from the PS handlebars. That seems more difficult that I originally anticipated. Has anyone used PS handlebars on their standard Sport Classic? If so, is it possible to remove the locking pins?

Image for reference:

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
When I bought my PS, I had the dealer remove those pins before the bike was delivered, so I know it can be done. Others here may have done it themselves and can tell you the best way to do it without damaging the bars.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Does yours have the Spacer (as in the attached picture) and the pin ?
You can see the pin without the Spacer in this image

This pin can be pried up with a pair of ***** and/or Diagonal pliers.

The spacer Sits on top of this pin. Most of the time the spacer comes off easily,
Sometimes it may take a bit of effort to pull off.

I've acquired a pair of OEM PS handlebars that I'm hoping to use on the 06 Monoposto I have.

My assumption was that the locking pins would be removable from the PS handlebars. That seems more difficult that I originally anticipated. Has anyone used PS handlebars on their standard Sport Classic? If so, is it possible to remove the locking pins?

Image for reference:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does have the pin. It seems like the spacer is sitting on top of the pin.

Does yours have the Spacer (as in the attached picture) and the pin ?
You can see the pin without the Spacer in this image

This pin can be pried up with a pair of ***** and/or Diagonal pliers.

The spacer Sits on top of this pin. Most of the time the spacer comes off easily,
Sometimes it may take a bit of effort to pull off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts