Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Nice, now the work begins......fix the shock, fix the fueling, fix the gearing, etc. :smile2:
And prepare yourself for the electronic failures, glitches, and niggles along the way as well. Your monthly payments only cover the loan, there will be additional expenses as the odometer counts up. It's the complexity of those machines that gets in the way.

Beyond that, great bike! Cheers!

:smile2:

*just so you know, I'm the resident anti-computer operated motorcycle curmudgeon within the membership .... long live carburetors, no ABS/no Anti-wheelie/no throttle-control, and praise the air cooled 2 valves!

:laugh:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ignore Tim and Rex. You won't need to fix anything. You might want to change a few things to fit your needs but for most of us these bikes are trouble free.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ignore Tim and Rex. You won't need to fix anything. You might want to change a few things to fit your needs but for most of us these bikes are trouble free.
Im taking a different approach on this bike (I hope LOL). Ive had numerous track bikes and was an avid track rider, dumped tons of money in to them and time.
On this bike ill most likely get the 42T sprox, tires, taller windscreen, gps/phone mount, radiator guards, panniers and maybe an Oberon Slave master cylinder. I truly think the bike looks good as is and pretty much has everything I would want. I dont mind having to pay for the main service intervals, but I do hope the bike behaves good.
What worries me is that 6-7 years ago I had a Hyper and on this same forum not many people complained about the reliability of Ducati in general. But now I see the same guys that didnt complain, complaining, lol. So that kinda tells me either Ducati owners have had it and finally admit that ducs have issues, or bikes have gotten worse. Time will tell. All I know is that I baby my bikes and am pretty mechanically inclined, so that should help.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I've already warned him about my bias ... he probably figured out I'm to be ignored.

:grin2:

*just so you know, I'm the resident anti-computer operated motorcycle curmudgeon within the membership .... long live carburetors, no ABS/no Anti-wheelie/no throttle-control, and praise the air cooled 2 valves!

:laugh:

I don't get on well with the robot races.

:wink2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're an experienced rider with extensive track time, you're def. going to want to get the shock fixed (unless you like dragging parts at shallow lean angles)

Im taking a different approach on this bike (I hope LOL). Ive had numerous track bikes and was an avid track rider, dumped tons of money in to them and time.
On this bike ill most likely get the 42T sprox, tires, taller windscreen, gps/phone mount, radiator guards, panniers and maybe an Oberon Slave master cylinder. I truly think the bike looks good as is and pretty much has everything I would want. I dont mind having to pay for the main service intervals, but I do hope the bike behaves good.
What worries me is that 6-7 years ago I had a Hyper and on this same forum not many people complained about the reliability of Ducati in general. But now I see the same guys that didnt complain, complaining, lol. So that kinda tells me either Ducati owners have had it and finally admit that ducs have issues, or bikes have gotten worse. Time will tell. All I know is that I baby my bikes and am pretty mechanically inclined, so that should help.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I have zero doubt that he'll enjoy that bike and probably cherish it for some time to come!

New bike, Fun stuff, Good riding.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bike is amazing. Much more power than expected. Only took a 20 min ride.
I like it cause it can feel like a Supermoto on steroids or if you want you can chill and take a tour. For now only wish it had a damper. Always had them on my bikes but always set to minimum

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bike is amazing. Much more power than expected. Only took a 20 min ride.
I like it cause it can feel like a Supermoto on steroids or if you want you can chill and take a tour. For now only wish it had a damper. Always had them on my bikes but always set to minimum
I know the feeling. I bought a 2015 1200S touring about a month ago and I'm in love with it. It actually made me hate my S2R1000. I would have never thought that was possible.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check the Ducati Omaha page, they've got all the parts catalogs and you can order from the as well.
So I looked into it. It seems the enduro version has a different frame. And on the frame it has a tab to which where the damper bracket attaches. The 1260S and the PP don’t have that tab.
. So no can do. . .

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I looked into it. It seems the enduro version has a different frame. And on the frame it has a tab to which where the damper bracket attaches. The 1260S and the PP don’t have that tab.
. So no can do. . .
I've got a '16 Enduro and a '19 PP sitting in my shop, and I can say with a high degree of certainty the damper parts are a direct fit to the PP. My PP frame has the same oblong/oval bracket under the headstock that the Enduro has, and the lower triple has the same threaded holes for mount bracket. If I were wanting or needing a damper on my PP I wouldn't hesitate to order the Enduro parts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts