Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this? http://www.motowheels.com/italian/mySearchResult.cfm?parentcategoryid=&productID=6854&showDetail=1&categoryID=1064|749%2D999%20Engine%20Fuel%20%26%20Air&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=protune&collection=

This seems to be saying that it can remap the stock SC ECU to multiple different maps. I thought we had determined that the stock ECU could not be remapped no matter what. Does anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I came across this a few weeks ago. After looking into it, I found out the unit locks itself to the ECU that it reprograms so it cannot then be used to reprogram other ECU's.

So basically for the cost of the unit, you can buy a second hand DP ECU.

Rob

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but the DP ECU is IMO pretty kludgy and basically just gives a bunch more fuel across the board. This appears to be able to set up multiple maps and would make it relatively easy to switch for/during a long trip for example, highway mileage map vs. canyon map or whatever, without having to take multiple ECUs with you. So it's kind of expensive, but if it works it is worth serious consideration IMO.

Did you find out for sure that it works on the stock SC ECUs?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Using the ProTune ECU Remap Kit , we've already re-mapped our SC1000 project bike with one of the units for the ZARd exhaust.

On our SF we used one map for the slip-ons and a changed the map when we switched over to a full system.

On our 1098, we changed the map 3 times now for different exhaust systems.

-M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts