Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here used the ProTune kit from MotoWheels to tune out the low rpm ill temperedness on their late model Monster?

I'm looking for someone that has had a positive result with this product before I try it on my recently purchased Streetfighter.

TIA

·
Registered
221 Posts
According to Matt at motowheels he suggested the protune over the power commander... He said he had better results with it and it was easier to use

Will it work with the new streetfighter? I know it will not work with the 696/1100... He said one would be released but had no ETA

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Matt at motowheels he suggested the protune over the power commander... He said he had better results with it and it was easier to use

Will it work with the new streetfighter? I know it will not work with the 696/1100... He said one would be released but had no ETA
According to MotoWheels they have ProTune maps for the SF, just wondering if anyone has had any success with any of them, or is further tuning required?

My SF is stock and I'm not looking to install an exhaust, DP ecu, and/or PC, just trying to smooth out the bike at low rpms in the most economical manner.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There is no power commander for the 696/1100 and the Protune will not work on them either. Something to do with it using a new Siemens ECU. I got the low rpm surge also, but there's nothing that can be done about it :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is no power commander for the 696/1100 and the Protune will not work on them either. Something to do with it using a new Siemens ECU. I got the low rpm surge also, but there's nothing that can be done about it :(
That's not true. More throttle and slip the clutch! :D

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Anyone here used the ProTune kit from MotoWheels to tune out the low rpm ill temperedness on their late model Monster?

I'm looking for someone that has had a positive result with this product before I try it on my recently purchased Streetfighter.

TIA
The Protune works good on my SF, SC1000 and 1098---but they all have aftermarket pipes. If you are going to keep your stock pipes, I would check with Matt to see if they have a map for the stock pipes first.

-M

·
Registered
376 Posts
Old thread bump.
Moto wheels real close to Siemens Protune solution.
Matt Walker says a few weeks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Old thread bump.
Lol, I heard that last year!!!

When I was in motowheels store(I live close by) we were discussing the differences between PC and protune and they told me "a few months".

That was early last summer!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lol, I heard that last year!!!

When I was in motowheels store(I live close by) we were discussing the differences between PC and protune and they told me "a few months".

That was early last summer!
After a year waiting I can understand your feelings.
Lets think positive, Happy thoughts.
It will happen, just not fast enough. :D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Right now I only have 696/1100 base map, slip-on map and DP slip-on map. We will have the ability to create custom maps, etc... as well - but since we moved to LA we no longer have a dyno. That issue is on the agenda so until we get another dyno or access to one I won't be making custom maps. After we get the dyno worked out we will be looking for bikes so we can make our own maps. The canned maps are good though (better than DP from what I've seen) - made by a tuner who worked in WSBK.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Right now I only have 696/1100 base map, slip-on map and DP slip-on map. We will have the ability to create custom maps, etc... as well - but since we moved to LA we no longer have a dyno. That issue is on the agenda so until we get another dyno or access to one I won't be making custom maps. After we get the dyno worked out we will be looking for bikes so we can make our own maps. The canned maps are good though (better than DP from what I've seen) - made by a tuner who worked in WSBK.

Please post up when your ready to do the re-flash. Been waiting awhile to do something about the stock ECU
Thanks

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Old thread bump.
The 696/1100 Protune map has been released. It comes with a special cable for uploading.
We've ordered a batch from Italy.

They have also shipped the hardware to reflash ECUs too. Once we get it we will test it on our own bikes.

Please contact [email protected] for details

-M

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
The 696/1100 Protune map has been released. It comes with a special cable for uploading.

They have also shipped the hardware to reflash ECUs too. Once we get it we will test it on our own bikes.

-M

Maps?

as soon as someone has a map for the 1100 that will accomodate pod filters ala WaspWorks, full termi system and cams, I'll be all over it

·
Registered
221 Posts

-M
I'm local so if you need a 696 for a test bike, I would be more than willing to lend out mine for some custom tuning :D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
That's great news! Any idea what the pricing will be?
I haven't gone through the numbers yet to know what I need to retail it at to recoup my investment and make a few coins, but my rough estimate is between $200 - $300. I basically have to pay per each unlock or flash that I do + the initial software and hardware costs. Not too bad price wise. I'll start stock piling ECUs so I can swap them out with customer - like a core exchange program so there will be no down time for the end user.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I haven't gone through the numbers yet to know what I need to retail it at to recoup my investment and make a few coins, but my rough estimate is between $200 - $300. I basically have to pay per each unlock or flash that I do + the initial software and hardware costs. Not too bad price wise. I'll start stock piling ECUs so I can swap them out with customer - like a core exchange program so there will be no down time for the end user.
You can count on 200 to 300 from me !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts