Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this kit?...if so, did it work as advertised?

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1053%7C848%2D1198%2DSF%20Engine&productID=6854&showDetail=1&categoryID=1069|848%2D1098%20Engine%20Fuel%20%26%20Air&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I'm using it on my SC1000, Streetfighter, and 1098.
I've swapped maps on the SF and 1098 when a changed exhaust systems. I might be doing that on the SC when I go to intake filter pods.
Brian is using it on his MTS.

Here is what a a 1198S owner said:

Originally Posted by DoctorJ
I just wanted to report back after purchasing the remap kit from Moto.

I received a stage 7 map for my 1198S for full system termi and performance air cleaner.

Setup was easy and completed in about 1 hour. Takes about 20 minutes or so to download the OEM map and store on the devise then it rewrites back to the ecu.

Initially my bike produced 166 hp with 20 miles on the engine.

After 100 laps around the track and adding mr9 VP fuel she produces 172 hp.

What is most amazing is the spot on PERFECT throttle response at all rpms. Extremely liner power and precise throtle control. I could not ask for more.

So if your thinking about remapping with this kit stop thinking and give them a call.

AND

Originally Posted by PONCH
Easy to use and works great!

-M

·
Registered
511 Posts
But is that 6hp from the fuel or the map or both? Anyone put a bike on the sniffer and see what kind of a/f mix it's doing? I guess if rideability is good, it's pretty close.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The ProTune ECU Remap Kit basically gives you a plug and play option like the DP ECU but in this case you can swap out maps if you make big changes to your bike. It eliminates the O2 sensor circuit and flapper valve on bikes equipped with one just like the DP maps.

If you want to tune it through out the RPM range, you can add a PC3. But for most people that install an exhaust and air filter--this is all you need.

It is about 1/2 the cost of a DP ECU and it has some flexibility with out sending your ECU somewhere each time to reflash. You can install the stock map for warranty purposes in 20 minutes.

-M

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The ProTune ECU Remap Kit basically gives you a plug and play option like the DP ECU but in this case you can swap out maps if you make big changes to your bike. It eliminates the O2 sensor circuit and flapper valve on bikes equipped with one just like the DP maps.

If you want to tune it through out the RPM range, you can add a PC3. But for most people that install an exhaust and air filter--this is all you need.

It is about 1/2 the cost of a DP ECU and it has some flexibility with out sending your ECU somewhere each time to reflash. You can install the stock map for warranty purposes in 20 minutes.

-M
Do you still carry these units?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very curious. Does it work with Traction Control equipped bikes like the little SF848?

~Ex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts