Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone 👋 Currently own a Aprilia Dorsoduro 750,. I'm looking for a little more power, and just like to change things up every few years. With that being said, I'm most likely in the market for a H.M I've really had my eye on a 939sp. From what I saw, the 16' and 18' have the same power and the 17 is down around 10hp, if I'm not mistaken. Also, in the same price range is the 950 standard. Obviously the 950 has the updated screen, which is a nice plus.Another question is, are the 950 updates worth sacrificing the upgrades of an SP on a slightly older bike? Now for reliability issues, on any of the above mentioned bikes, are there major issue to be aware of. Thanis for any input, I usually try and do my research before buying a new bike and appreciate any useful info

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Hi everyone 👋 Currently own a Aprilia Dorsoduro 750,. I'm looking for a little more power, and just like to change things up every few years. With that being said, I'm most likely in the market for a H.M I've really had my eye on a 939sp. From what I saw, the 16' and 18' have the same power and the 17 is down around 10hp, if I'm not mistaken. Also, in the same price range is the 950 standard. Obviously the 950 has the updated screen, which is a nice plus.Another question is, are the 950 updates worth sacrificing the upgrades of an SP on a slightly older bike? Now for reliability issues, on any of the above mentioned bikes, are there major issue to be aware of. Thanis for any input, I usually try and do my research before buying a new bike and appreciate any useful info
The 16, 17, and 18 are essentially the same bike. The 17 is not down on power. The only issues with the 939 is the fueling sucks in stock form. It was the first version for the Euro-4 emissions and Ducati didn't get it right. There are options though and since, typically, nobody leaves the bike alone anyway, remapping is required and able to fix the fueling issues.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts