Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I'm on my new 848, I'm on the front ball of my foot right behind my toes.

What is the proper technique for lowering it a bit so my feet are flat and maintain correct suspension geometry?

I couldn't find anything searching "height" in the Hall of Wisdom.

Thanks!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I presume that I also need to lower the front the same percentage?

I found in the manual how to adjust the gear lever and rear brake.

I'm also told though by a friend that I need to adjust the front brake too, something about the bikes mass center?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I figured someone would have chimed in by now... but I'd say live with it if you can. Balls of the feet isn't too bad...better than tippy-toes anyway. I'm short so I know how you feel. Lowering the front and rear equally will keep the geometry relatively in check. However, you need to ensure you don't go too far and start making contact with hard parts like cylinder heads, oil coolers, lower triple clamps etc. Also gonna have to source an adjustable link for the rear. I don't see any reason to adjust your brakes.

I don't know how much impact it will have on your handling, my guess would be a little less agile/flickable due to lower center of gravity. The person to consult on your 848 would be Jason Etter of Department of Suspension. So far, he seems to be leading the way for consumers' chassis fixes for the 848/1098. Unfortunately the D.o.S website is under construction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts