Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 2011
Made the decision to commit to offering 6 mm Shims and Tools for the later "R" bikes and the 749S. Will be offering the following:
- 6 mm opener shims in .05 mm increments
- 6 mm closer shims in .05 mm increments
- Closer shim assembly tool to torque the shim to mate taper properly
- Closer shim disassembly tool to break the taper without having to remove the head
- Shim sizes will be marked on each shim
- Will also provide a measurement tool to measure closer shim size

Shim models and drawings are completed. Tool models are completed. I still have to make a prototype disassembly tool to make sure it works properly.

Will initially offer individual shims, then maybe shim kits after I determine the typical range of shims needed in the "R" bikes.

I am planning on having everything by the beginning of summer 2011. Maybe sooner depending vendor priorities. Much inventory to manufacture.

These products should allow Do-it-yourself valve adjustment on these special bikes.

Mike

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on 6 mm shim project.

Here is a pic of the assembly tool. I now have those in stock. Not up on my website just yet.

10 prototype closer shims were made, measured, then heat treated, measured again and tested. Design is sound. Opener shim drawings are completed. Will place order for the shims in the next few days. A prototype tool to break the taper of the closer shim with the collet is currently being built. Hopefully a few more weeks to test it out. Still shooting for mid summer for all parts on the shelf.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on the 6 mm shims: Have had a bit of delay due to overcommittment by my vendor. I hope to have the 6 mm shims sometime early November 2011. Will post up pics and descriptions of all tools and shims when they are in inventory.

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any more updates on this i see on your site it says mid January 2012 but January is almost over. Im about to start tearing into mine and was wondering if i can place an order with you soon as i can smell spring approaching soon :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts