Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the best of times... it was the worst of times...

Always so much fun to get your bike set up exactly as you want it. Then what? Ride? Of course!

But still... some of the fun is the time you spend pondering what you want to do to it next... alas I will just have to ride it more :)

Final list of adds:

Akrapovic full system
Power Commander V
O2 Optimizer
DucShop custom map
Motovation frame sliders
CNC frame plugs
Rizoma Rider pegs
Rizoma water pump protector
Garmin 665 (incl. satellite/weather/traffic) using gadget guy mount
Monster iphone remote (not a super hi-tech mount)
Powder coating:
* Brake/Shift foot levers
* Passenger mounts/pegs
* Belly Pan
Ohlins 1.0nm rear spring
Barkbusters w/end cap
Pirelli Rosso IIs
Givi touring shield
GoPro w/remote
Garmin dual heating control
Bag Connections tank bag
Sargent Seat (front/rear)
Tail pannier

Couple of notsogreat pics...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice setup.

A bit off topic but I spy a tmaxx or savage in the background. Lots of fun toys:)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
What is "W and Co"?

·
Premium Member
2012 multistrada 1200 / 2019 hypermotard 950
346 Posts
Nicely done set up ,,

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts
another beautiful garage to be jealous of...
(nice job on the setup, looks terrific)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments - be assured pretty much everything done to it originated in suggestions on this forum!

Please do not be jealous, the key (and what you don't see) is the garage is probably bigger than the whole house!!

This time of year the add-on I prefer the most is the heated gear - Makes it sunny and 75 no matter how cold it is 'outside' :)

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Thanks for the compliments - be assured pretty much everything done to it originate in suggestions on this forum!

Please do not be jealous, the key (and what you don't see) is the garage is probably bigger than the whole house!!

This time of year the add-on I prefer the most is the heated gear - Makes it sunny and 75 no matter how cold it is 'outside' :)
Very Nice.

Don't get caught on any ice:cool:.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That screen looks interesting. Do you look through it when you ride, hard to tell from {Photo angle.

For the Go Pro I found that I could get good exposure to in front traffic using the suck mount on the side of the fairing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That screen looks interesting. Do you look through it when you ride, hard to tell from {Photo angle.

For the Go Pro I found that I could get good exposure to in front traffic using the suck mount on the side of the fairing.
No, rider position is still looking well above the windshield (I'm 5'10 so perhaps not if you're a fair bit shorter). The amount of wind protection is dramatically improved though and no buffeting (again, could be my height keeps me in the bubble).

I tried the GoPro on the side but got too much vibration. With the stock shield the GoPro is rock steady, with this shield it moves a little more, so I many need to see about finding a way to brace the shield a little better (or lower it since it's at max height now). I tapped the GoPro mount and used the mounting thread receiver to screw it to the assembly (used a dremmel to permit the slide mount). The windshield will come off before the camera!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've got the Givi screen as well and I can see it move even where I keep it on the lowest setting. So, you might have to brace something. Trouble is, it looks like the entire front assembly is moving- not just the fairing- so good luck on that. I've got the 'uncle don wings' on my bike as well and the combination is pretty good as far as buffeting goes- I don't have to wear earplugs (though I usually do).
I like the GoPro mounting idea- I've been wondering where to mount mine. I've got a shorty screen and it may just go on that.
Nice job!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
I like it!

Nice stable....two MTS12s though? Is one for your significant other or child?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love that you have this bike all decked out for touring yet you still have the loudest exhaust possible for this bike! Good job there, no need to be a silent tourer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love that you have this bike all decked out for touring yet you still have the loudest exhaust possible for this bike! Good job there, no need to be a silent tourer.
Touring isn't the only thing it does well :p

Loud is good.. Loud is wise

·
Registered
496 Posts
Curious where you mounted the satellite puck?

I have the 665 as well and am wondering where I am going to put the puck. It has to have a clear shot straight up to work properly.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Garmin dual heating control
Bag Connections tank bag
Nice setup!

Question #1: What's "Garmin dual heating control?" What does it do and what does it connect to? Or is that supposed to say "Gerbing"?

Question #2: How do you like the tank bag? How does it connect to the tank? Have you looked at other any other bags and if so, what made you pick Bag Connections? (I'm looking at Givi due to simplicity and easy disconnect system, but have not yet made up my mind...)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts