Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
nissin 6 pistons?

I Read your thread about the 900ss, and saw you have nissin 6 piston calipers... how did you do this, and what forks are you using? I am converting my 900ss to track duty and was thinking of running a single caliper and a nissin 6 piston would be perfect!

james

·
Registered
222 Posts
Man, I'm really lookin forward to seeing this thing. It's makin me sad that I'm selling my own SS :(
I've been considering the same thing; this project may well have inspired me to keep it and do something wild with it instead.

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Email came today saying the batt tray has shipped. I should have the exhaust finished up this weekend. Waiting on the tank to come back from a pro who is fixing the failed kreem that was put in about 12 years ago. After that paint and a ride. Don't care how cold it is outside :D

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
The battery tray was an epic fail. Didn't fit at all. Something on the jig must be off bad.....the mounting points were about 3/4" too narrow, and the battery box would hit the V cylinder intake valve cover if you slotted the holes to fit.

Disappointing considering I waited 2 weeks to get it....I should have just friggin made my own box (what I'm doing now).

Motowheels service is top notch though, they issued a call tag for the tray right away and I'm assuming a refund once they rx it. I understand that it isn't a product that they themselves make.

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Batt tray is nearly done. Exhaust should be finished up this week and head off for coating.

Tank is now coated with POR15 and the kreem is finally removed. Waiting on a quote for paint.

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Still here, just no time. Getting the itch to get going on it again, lots to do....

- finish electrical
- figure out ignitek
- install new pump, petcock, and battery

Fire it up?

Then sort out the bugs and paint.

Talk about the longest "resto" ever.... :(

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
That's a hell of a stretch between update posts! :)

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Still here, just no time. Getting the itch to get going on it again, lots to do....

- finish electrical
- figure out ignitek
- install new pump, petcock, and battery

Fire it up?

Then sort out the bugs and paint.

Talk about the longest "resto" ever.... :(
Good luck with it! :)

81 - 92 of 92 Posts