Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Goods news!

748R Forks arrived along with the new SpeedyMoto Triples and i might get the frame back from the powder coaters today. Pictures tomorrow

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
So work on the bike is progressing, albeit a little slowly due to work, family and the normal stuff that gets in the way of playing with Ducati.

Frame is powdercoated:

You can also see the 748R forks and the SpeedyMoto triples, did you know 748R forks measure 56mm for the lower clamp, so they didn't fit in the 53mm clamp, some urgent and begging email to the very helpful folk at motowheels confirmed I should be able mill out the clamps, so I did well actually a local guy did it.
Have ordered the clipons.

Exhaust has arrived:

along with the adjustable cam gears

848 Brake master, need to get a matching one for the clutch!

749/999 Calipers also there, wheel is for test only, will be buying something newer and lighter than the stock Brembo boat anchor!

·
Registered
72 Posts
So work on the bike is progressing, albeit a little slowly due to work, family and the normal stuff that gets in the way of playing with Ducati.

Frame is powdercoated:

You can also see the 748R forks and the SpeedyMoto triples, did you know 748R forks measure 56mm for the lower clamp, so they didn't fit in the 53mm clamp, some urgent and begging email to the very helpful folk at motowheels confirmed I should be able mill out the clamps, so I did well actually a local guy did it.
Have ordered the clipons.

Exhaust has arrived:
along with the adjustable cam gears

848 Brake master, need to get a matching one for the clutch!

749/999 Calipers also there, wheel is for test only, will be buying something newer and lighter than the stock Brembo boat anchor!
Is there something wrong cause I CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES !!!!!
Noooooooooo !!!!!!

Cheers
Darryl

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
The Swinger is a Metmachex Engineering made in England..
They are built very robust.
I put my 3 swingers on a scale..
Heres the weights
1) Stock steel swinger is 10.3 pds
2) Polished Al. swinger ,stock ducati was 8.6 pds
3) Metmachex swinger was 10.2 pds..
Weights were bare..no axle,no axle adjusters..
I polished my swinger.. Its a PITA for sure.. feels like I have been doing that for a week..and I have as its on 40 hours of polishing!!
I have my Ducati SSSP Polished Al. swinger for sale w/ CF Hugger ..
Mike S

21 - 40 of 97 Posts