Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info out yet on how the new V4 stacks up against the 1299 V twin in World Superbike form, or is it too early for that?

Reactions: paulmm600

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Typically they make bikes that are faster, lighter and just all around better with each gen.

And since it's basically a "lite" version of their Gp efforts, I would assume it's gonna run circles around anything else out right now.

Can't wait for my 1st test ride.

I don't care what the dealer says,,, I'm taking it for as long as I need.

Pro-Italia lays out a 3mile/10min loop, all city riding. That's cute. But the last time I bought a bike from them (rode the 1199 and RSV4) I took both for about 30min, up Angeles Crest, twisty bits of road etc...

When I returned, they knew,, b/c I got mud/dirt on the rear hugger. I smiled and said "you wanna sell a bike or not?"

I was underwhelmed b/c both bikes had under inflated tyres so it wasn't 100%, but I got a feel for their characters.

BMW does it right. They say "take the bike for a weekend". Same as Cadillac.

Reactions: paulmm600

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ducati Panigale V4 R completes first WorldSBK Test | MCNews.com.au

This is the first I've seen of the R mentioned. Haven't seen anything since...but that time is good.
Thanks,
Looks like the usual cast of characters at the top, if that holds, the 2018 season will be another Johnny Rea show. I'm not counting out the V4 R this early, but I wonder if there were some stats on things like it's pulling out of corners, cornering speed, and flat-out speed. They have some time to continue developing the bike before allowing the factory riders a shot at it.

The engine compartment of the V4 sure looks busy compared to looking at V Twins all these years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It will be interesting to see where all of this goes. It is so different than all of their previous sbk racing machines. I hope that they get it sorted out quickly.

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typically they make bikes that are faster, lighter and just all around better with each gen.

And since it's basically a "lite" version of their Gp efforts, I would assume it's gonna run circles around anything else out right now.

Can't wait for my 1st test ride.

I don't care what the dealer says,,, I'm taking it for as long as I need.

Pro-Italia lays out a 3mile/10min loop, all city riding. That's cute. But the last time I bought a bike from them (rode the 1199 and RSV4) I took both for about 30min, up Angeles Crest, twisty bits of road etc...

When I returned, they knew,, b/c I got mud/dirt on the rear hugger. I smiled and said "you wanna sell a bike or not?"

I was underwhelmed b/c both bikes had under inflated tyres so it wasn't 100%, but I got a feel for their characters.

BMW does it right. They say "take the bike for a weekend". Same as Cadillac.

Back in 1966 I was a teenager and I lusted after buying a GTO. Found a beautiful white tri-power on a dealership lot and believe it or not, they let me take it out for the weekend. My dad reneged on co-signing for it, but looking back I think he made the right decision. I probably would have wrapped it around a pole drag racing on the street. My desire for a muscle car ended in 1968 when I put a deposit on a new RoadRunner, but then I decided to go back to school and college was a 100 mile round trip. So I canceled the RoadRunner and bought a new VW Bug for $1,795.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts