Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I tried doing a search without any results so here is my question.

I have a friend who just bought a preowned 848 and it came with only one key. My local dealer has new ones in stock and they are pretty reasonable but how do you program it?
I have heard it is some sequence where you put in the key you already have and turn it wand wait for a light or something to happen on the dash and then insert the new key and turn it on and it's programmed. Does anyone know the exact way to do this?

Thanks,
'Mash

·
Registered
22 Posts
You'll need an RFID programmer if you want a new 'original' type key. A dealer should be able to do it, but your mileage may vary. My uncle who is a locksmith suggested I take one of my RFID tags out of the keybase and glue/tape it to the antenna under the keycover, then use a standard ducati type key blank and make copies. I did that and it has worked great. The downside is that you lose the immobilizer, but that doesn't bother me. Hope I helped.

Cj

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey all,

I tried doing a search without any results so here is my question.

I have a friend who just bought a preowned 848 and it came with only one key. My local dealer has new ones in stock and they are pretty reasonable but how do you program it?
I have heard it is some sequence where you put in the key you already have and turn it wand wait for a light or something to happen on the dash and then insert the new key and turn it on and it's programmed. Does anyone know the exact way to do this?

Thanks,
'Mash
To program a new key you need the immobiliser card (looks like a credit card). The manual states a dealer must do the work, however I'm sure the procedure is in the technical manuals (which I unfortunately don't have).

Andrew...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts