Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im searching for a acoustix analyser program that i can use when fitting my cam belts, for pc i know there is one but i search for a program for mac but havent found a good one yet.
Can somebody please help?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im searching for a acoustix analyser program that i can use when fitting my cam belts, for pc i know there is one but i search for a program for mac but havent found a good one yet.
Can somebody please help?
It suprises me that mac hasn't dug their greedy and controlling fingers into a program that you can use. you know what you probably have to do...

You have to go buy an iMicrophone which, of course, will work perfectly. By 'perfectly' I mean that you will have to use some terrible program called iHelptuneducatibelts that will seem to have a lot of bells and whistles but will actually be entirely useless. This program, naturally, can only be loaded and used with your individual iMicrophone and probably wont work unless you wrap your bike in a pink foamy skintight accessory cover with an apple on it.

You might try to get some cutting goggles, so you can see, and head over to the partially eaten fruit store and ask them.

Sorry man, can't really help you out on this one. I don't mean to be a bastard, I just couldn't resist the opportunity.

Best of luck.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
It suprises me that mac hasn't dug their greedy and controlling fingers into a program that you can use. you know what you probably have to do...

You have to go buy an iMicrophone which, of course, will work perfectly. By 'perfectly' I mean that you will have to use some terrible program called iHelptuneducatibelts that will seem to have a lot of bells and whistles but will actually be entirely useless. This program, naturally, can only be loaded and used with your individual iMicrophone and probably wont work unless you wrap your bike in a pink foamy skintight accessory cover with an apple on it.

You might try to get some cutting goggles, so you can see, and head over to the partially eaten fruit store and ask them.

Sorry man, can't really help you out on this one. I don't mean to be a bastard, I just couldn't resist the opportunity.

Best of luck.

:rolleyes: Really? Was that necessary? Really?

</IMG>

·
Registered
323 Posts
:rolleyes: Really? Was that necessary? Really?

</IMG>
I really couldn't resist. Forums can't usually handle sarcasm....but the gents around here in the SC section of ducati.ms are a bit different.

all I heard in my head...."if you post it......they will laugh"

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
There is an app for the Iphone called Cleartune I have not used it myself yet. I plan to this weekend but I have heard that it is pretty accurate. I am guessing that you can run that app in your
Macbook or such.
Here is a link.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi,

Maybe a guitar tuner? I used the free "Tuna Pitch" to tune my not-easy-to-tune 12-string guitar. It does OK, better than the other tuners I tried. The display is easy to read, too. The screenshot is uglier than the app I'm using, it's probably from the widget. I recommend the full app.

Tuna Pitch

To name a couple other things:
FuzzMeasure Pro is a pretty awesome sound analysis program, I don't know if it does pitch analysis though, and you may be able to use the free Audacity to do this.

Ps. - I just did some reading up on guitars, and you'll definitely be able to use a guitar tuner - the lowest note on a normal guitar is 83 Hz. If you're not getting the tuner to pick up the belt vibration, try a bit harder, the algorithm will be able to pick it up if it's worth its salt and fed a reasonable signal.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

Best of luck.
I'm surprised your windows computer let you type so many words without crashing. How many restarts did it take to finish your post. :p

·
Registered
368 Posts
istrobosoft is another good tuner from Petersens... for the iphone mind... very accurate

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm surprised your windows computer let you type so many words without crashing. How many restarts did it take to finish your post. :p
That reminds me of a really good video.

http://www.break.com/index/pcvsmac2.html

I hope the video doesn't cause you to get the magical rainbow pinwheel of gay fun..... :cool:

EDIT:
As I just got yelled at for not contributing....here you go
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/mac/INSTRUMENT_TUNERS/

found this way
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mac+tuning+program

good luck

·
Registered
309 Posts
Oh, I typed that on your mom's computer, actually.

·
Registered
309 Posts
She does have a nice Mac. 3 actually. You went to the right place for reliable computers. Did she tell you how old she was?
Heh

In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are no winners, but all are losers.
- Neville Chamberlain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts