Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I found a 1198S SE. But the owner said that the original owner had changed the triple tree to an aftermarket unit. There for losing the edition number plate. Is there any way of lookin up the authenticity of this model by using its VIN number? or engine VIN number?
Thank you!(y)

·
Administrator
12,359 Posts
This can be a good thread to start with for VIN info even though it does not help you look up the actual VIN. I would think a call or email sent to Ducati NA could confirm the actual VIN information for you

Reactions: Benocehcap

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This can be a good thread to start with for VIN info even though it does not help you look up the actual VIN. I would think a call or email sent to Ducati NA could confirm the actual VIN information for you

Thank you! i have seen that thread and most of the VIN don't match. " ZDM1XBLW2AB027254 " he claims the bikes production number is #47...But the previous owner sold the top triple and replace it with aftermarket...

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Just ask Ducati. They know and they're very good about communicating the facts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another opinion would be greatly appreciated.

This seller has 1198S Corse and i believe it is a true SE edition. But the bike has 15K miles and many modifications. and his selling the bike for $8K. He doesn't have the receipts from the dealership, cuz he claims he his a mechanic and knows how to work on it.

Here is the list:
FGRT ohlins front forks, brembo clutch and brake master cylinders, Nichols 30mm offset triple tree, samco coolant hoses, annitori quick shifter, Ohlins TTX rear shock w/Kyle USA rear link, CFM adjustable rear sets, MPL 48tooth slipper clutch, saddlemen gel seat, lightened flywheel, race water pump and Termignoni 70mm full exhaust.

My point is that he used this bike on track a lot and the engine is on its way out...Please feel free to give ur best advice.
thx!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, i did got the email back from Ducati.
They said... "MOTO 1198 S Corse CAL 10 R R-BSTD engine XBLA006000

now my question is, what it means "CAL 10 R R-BSTD :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts