Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a set of Sil Motor Oval carbon fiber exhausts for my 1999 ST2 from CarpiMoto back in July. Carlo Carpi advised me that the Sil Motor production facility closes for the month of August, so I wired 593 Euros to CarpiMoto in early September. I have not received the exhausts yet.

I've corresponded weekly with Carlo via email. He is always very prompt in replying to my inquiries about the mufflers, but the long and short of it is that Sil Motor has not produced the mufflers yet, and Carlo cannot tell me when they will be shipped.

"Moto" has passed along the word that Sil Motor company is in receivership. I asked Carlo about this, but he did not respond, nor did he comment on my request for a refund if the mufflers aren't shipped in two weeks.

Has anyone out there ordered and received Sil Motor CF mufflers in the past two months? Is anyone aware of financial problems for Sil? I'm worried that I am going to lose $800 US and wind up with no exhausts. Any other information you may have is appreciated.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any info to help you Joey, but If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting on a set of Marchesini wheels from Italy that I placed an order for back in late March! :eek: I ordered them from a company here in the US and wanted the stock 5.5" rear wheel width and still I wait for Marchesini to do a production run. :mad: My riding season here in New England is quickly coming to a close. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shipped

Mufflers have been shipped at the end of October, everything should be ok now... Carpi Moto (my company) shipped the order even if the wire transfer was less than the amount required and asked to (a bank mistake, not due to customer will). Which company ships overseas even if not fully paid ?
Bye

joeychitwood said:
I ordered a set of Sil Motor Oval carbon fiber exhausts for my 1999 ST2 from CarpiMoto back in July. Carlo Carpi advised me that the Sil Motor production facility closes for the month of August, so I wired 593 Euros to CarpiMoto in early September. I have not received the exhausts yet.

I've corresponded weekly with Carlo via email. He is always very prompt in replying to my inquiries about the mufflers, but the long and short of it is that Sil Motor has not produced the mufflers yet, and Carlo cannot tell me when they will be shipped.

"Moto" has passed along the word that Sil Motor company is in receivership. I asked Carlo about this, but he did not respond, nor did he comment on my request for a refund if the mufflers aren't shipped in two weeks.

Has anyone out there ordered and received Sil Motor CF mufflers in the past two months? Is anyone aware of financial problems for Sil? I'm worried that I am going to lose $800 US and wind up with no exhausts. Any other information you may have is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carlo_Carpi said:
Mufflers have been shipped at the end of October, everything should be ok now... Carpi Moto (my company) shipped the order even if the wire transfer was less than the amount required and asked to (a bank mistake, not due to customer will). Which company ships overseas even if not fully paid ? Bye
The Sil Motor mufflers arrived and are very satisfactory. I appreciated your quick answers to my emails. I did email the Sil Motor company asking why the order was taking so long to fill, and they never responded. I've given your company's name to several other people as a safe and reliable vendor from which to order Ducati parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read your first post and I need to reply, even if I knew you understood that dealing with Sil Motor is really difficult and it is hard to explain to my clients who they are and who we are. Being realiabe is the only way to stand up in the e-commerce market. You will never loose your money with us. If there is any other thread to discuss I will be pleased to post in.
joeychitwood said:
The Sil Motor mufflers arrived and are very satisfactory. I appreciated your quick answers to my emails. I did email the Sil Motor company asking why the order was taking so long to fill, and they never responded. I've given your company's name to several other people as a safe and reliable vendor from which to order Ducati parts.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
couchflyer said:
Joey, It's been warm in MN you must have been out riding today, how do you like the sound of the Sils? Thanks
Hi couchflyer. It's a nice day up here in Detroit Lakes, but I have two reasons for not riding. First, we had six inches of snow last week, and although much of it has melted, there is still a lot of ice on the roads. Second, I ruptured my appendix (which also caused an incarcerated hernia that was repaired in the same surgery) a few weeks ago, and I cannot lift or push anything weighing more than ten pounds for another two weeks. It's killing me to not be able to work on the bikes in the garage.

The Sils sound beautiful. The workmanship is of a very high quality, and the carbon fiber construction absorbs much of the high frequency noise, leaving a deep, low frequency pulsing rumble. They are not obnoxiously loud, but the bike gets admiring thumbs up from my friends while riding. I highly recommend them, and I also recommend Carlo Carpi at CarpiMoto as a dealer.

How about you? Have you gotten out today?

PS: Go Gopher Hockey! My daughter's boyfriend is a freshman defender at St. Cloud State, and they're currently ranked #8 in the country.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Guys,

Nice down here in the Cities, but no riding for me. Glad to hear the SILS are working out. Did you have to do any re-programming of the ECU for this, or was it just an install and go job?

Joe

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jneglia said:
Hi Guys, Nice down here in the Cities, but no riding for me. Glad to hear the SILS are working out. Did you have to do any re-programming of the ECU for this, or was it just an install and go job? Joe
So far, I haven't made any ECU changes. I plan on drilling a few 1" holes in the airbox lid to increase the inflow. My bike runs a little rich right now, so the increased air in and air out may lean it out nicely. I'll probably run it on a dyno next spring. Joey

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
No, I've been working too much this fall. I put mine in the basement in October. This is the longest I've been without riding her, I do miss that. I am going to perform the 12,000 mile service my self (hopefully) this winter. I have been collecting tools and parts. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts