Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well myself and a bunch of buddies are completely baffled on why the 916 isn't running right. So i've decided on bringing it to someone to look at as i don't have the time/resources to troubleshoot this issue anymore.

I'm not trying to bring it to the dealer since most of them will either : a) rape me on pricing or b) tell me they can't work on it for weeks. I have exhausted my skill level with diagnosing this problem.

So if anyone of you guys know anyone local or if you yourself can help me out i'm willing to pay/provide beer(s)/food what ever it takes to resolve this issue.

thanks,
duey

·
Registered
602 Posts
I know that my recommendation is for a dealer, but BCM in Laconia NH has the reputation of being one of the finest Ducati dealerships there is. If they can't fix it then it simply can't be fixed. I'm also very biased toward Eastern Cycle Ducati in Beverly MA because one of my friends runs the place and I know that the tech there (Paul) does fabulous work. Hey, I saw a MV Agusta F4 Tamburini in there a short time ago for service and people just don't go trusting the care of their $43,000.00 motorcycles to just anybody. As with both places, you'll have to pay shop rates, but I have never heard anyone say that they have been "raped" by either of these two shops. Best with your bike! If you call Eastern, tell Randy that Tom sent you, he'll treat you right.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I get mine serviced at BCM, so I don't know too much about others in the area. They've won the "best service" award from DNA a couple of years in a row. They have new ownership, but the old techs stayed on. They're great to deal with.

I did go to Riverside in Somerville once, but the tech had an attitude probem. It says a lot if I'd prefer to ride for over 90 minutes to get serviced that go a few blocks.

I might try Tom's recommendation in Beverly at some stage, though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got to give my two cents and recommend Riverside Motors in Somerville. I have been treated really well over there. I've had my first Ducati serviced there (2000 748) and repaired from an accident. I purchased my 2002 Red 998 from there and serviced.
That same 998 was stolen in front of my job a few years ago. Al from Riverside motors was working on a bike a few months later and found that the engine on the bike he was working on came from my stolen bike. He immediately call me to inform me first and then call Massachusetts State Trooper Thief Division.
They are a great bunch of guys overthere dedicated to making there customers feel like they are the only one even when they are in the busy season. Not to mention there knowledge and love for Ducati.
I also bought my 998 matrix from there. Best deal I could find anywhere at the time. I ended up having them put on a half system Sil Moto Pipes. I ended up not really liking the sound of the Sil Moto and wanted the Termi.
No questions asked....they just swaped it out and I just payed the cost difference no labor charge.
I just can't say enough about riverside. And no I don't own stock at Riverside... :)

Sorry Duey I wish I could help you myself but I'm just not a pro at working on Ducs. I hope you find someone who can help. If not let me know and I'll hook you up with the guys at Riverside as best I can.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks DucRula but i'm all set with Riverside, i buy all my parts there and Jason in parts is a real cool guy. But it seems like i get the "since you didn't buy your bike from here, you're on the back burner before we can work on your bike" treatment. If i had more time on my hands i'd like to figure out this problem by myself, but i work 2 jobs and the duc is my main mode of transportation.

I'm going to maybe go at it for another few days, then i may just try that place in Beverly since its not far from my house in chelsea. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can't beat BCM. I would have them do a total service on the bike. The bike will run better than ever. I would call and ask for Leslie, he'll take care of you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
BCM or a bit further is Moto Milano in Windham Maine.
They are not inexpensive but they are both are top notch.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You'll need to get there early (maybe 7:30 or 8) as there'll be a line, and they won't work on the bike until the engine has cooled down, if you ride it up.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's not bad. I usually just take 93 most of the way up, but I'm sure there are some more fun ways to do it.

Here are some mapquest directions from Boston:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&pn1x=&a1x=&c1x=&s1x=&z1x=&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=boston&1s=ma&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=229+messer+street&2c=laconia&2s=NH&2z=&r=f

93 beomes a toll road in NH for a bit, so have your dollar handy. That's what the charge was when I was up there last summer.

Have fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Duey

I 've never been to BCM and would have loved to take the trip with ya. Unfortunetly I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I hope you get the problem resolved...good luck.

·
Registered
602 Posts
When your bike is done and your trying to find a good place to ride and not looking to get up to Laconia/BCM quick, you may want to take rt. 107 that runs from the NH/MA border up to Laconia. It's very scenic and has some nice hills and twisties the further up you get. I access it from either rt.125, rt. 150 or rt. 108 just over the border and a short distance from I. 95. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well just got back from BCM. Arrived at 9, started job at 12 and done by 2! I feel so dumb now, turns out that the RPM and Injection timing sensor plugs had alot of moisture in them ( i swear i pulled those plugs and checked them). I had a feeling it was something small and stupid that i couldn't figure out mainly because i got so frustrated trying to figure it out myself. So i was only charged $150 and worth every penny. Thanks to everyone who suggested BCM!

Even though it was a little dumb thing causing my problem these guys found it in no time at all, fully explained alot of thing about the bike i did not know about. Customer service was top-notch. I think i found my 2nd home :) The tech even did a full check-over of the bike to make sure everything was in tip-top shape. I couldn't be anymore happier with the service they provided.

Next time one of you guys head up there feel free hit me up because i gotta go back up there to get my sprockets & chain changed (woulda done it today but they didn't have it instock).

Thanks again guys!
duey

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm glad it all turned out well duey. BCM rocks! :yeah: Now go enjoy your ride! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
duey said:
well just got back from BCM. Arrived at 9, started job at 12 and done by 2! I feel so dumb now, turns out that the RPM and Injection timing sensor plugs had alot of moisture in them ( i swear i pulled those plugs and checked them). I had a feeling it was something small and stupid that i couldn't figure out mainly because i got so frustrated trying to figure it out myself. So i was only charged $150 and worth every penny. Thanks to everyone who suggested BCM!

Even though it was a little dumb thing causing my problem these guys found it in no time at all, fully explained alot of thing about the bike i did not know about. Customer service was top-notch. I think i found my 2nd home :) The tech even did a full check-over of the bike to make sure everything was in tip-top shape. I couldn't be anymore happier with the service they provided.

Next time one of you guys head up there feel free hit me up because i gotta go back up there to get my sprockets & chain changed (woulda done it today but they didn't have it instock).

Thanks again guys!
duey

I might be heading up there in the next couple of weeks. They are building me a custom exhaust.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts