Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. So I was enjoying my motocycle after a long time (hip replacement both)when one day went to turn it on and some sort of relay sound downstairs clicked and no cigar! Had it taken to my shop where they found it was th starter an replaced it... THEN it started behaving like out of time as if a problem with the injectors But no. The injectors are fine. while dealing with it the battery went dead, and since they’ve kept on looking and the latest report is that once the motor warms up after half an hour the battery dies again. The mechanic thinks it could be de generator, is there a way of finding out if it is? Or will I have to buy a new one and hope for the best? Nope no scanner in the shop😢

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Mechanic should have tested the charging system and load tested the battery before replacing a starter. Wires to the regulator and to grounds should be checked, and -- you don't have a generator, you have an alternator.

troll account?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know very little about mechanics, that is why I’m posting here, what i’r been told is that the Stator is a sort of generator.What need do I have for trolling...? I just want to fix my bike

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
That is a scary shop you are taking your bike to ! They can’t even check alternator output ? They are guessing as to what might be wrong ? Find yourself a decent motorcycle shop, even if you need to drive 100 miles. These guys will cost you money and screw up your bike. They are guessing at your expense. Where do you live ? Maybe someone can recommend a reputable mechanic in your area.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A standalone stator output test...if ok, follow with an RR test. Inspect all wiring and connectors between, all frame ground points too (clean) ......the logical diagnostic path in a suspected "not charging" situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you soooo much.., dorsn’t get anymore specific
That is a scary shop you are taking your bike to ! They can’t even check alternator output ? They are guessing as to what might be wrong ? Find yourself a decent motorcycle shop, even if you need to drive 100 miles. These guys will cost you money and screw up your bike. They are guessing at your expense. Where do you live ? Maybe someone can recommend a reputable mechanic in your area.
Yep will d
  1. Ya
  2. That is a scary shop you are taking your bike to ! They can’t even check alternator output ? They are guessing as to what might be wrong ? Find yourself a decent motorcycle shop, even if you need to drive 100 miles. These guys will cost you money and screw up your bike. They are guessing at your expense. Where do you live ? Maybe someone can recommend a reputable mechanic in your area.
    San Juan Puerto Rico

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Don’t you have any motorcycle dealers that have trained mechanics for any brand ? Whether Ducati or other, a factory trained mechanic at least received basic electrical system training. They could diagnose your motorcycle properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts