Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SportClassic S1000, and I recently switched out my reservoirs with Rizoma units. I did go through the exercise of bleeding the clutch system, after noticing air bubbles in the hose. Everything seemed fine. Had a few rides since, and no issues.

But yesterday, I noticed that it felt like the clutch was not fully disengaging. The issue seemed to come and go. But at one stop, I could not shift from 2nd to 1st, and I could not find neutral. Later in the day, I took a freeway off ramp, and rolling down hill in traffic, even though I was completely squeezing the clutch lever, the bike still died. And then it wouldn't start again (hit the starter switch an nothing happened). But after I pumped the clutch lever a few times, then I could start the bike.

Is this a simple issue of needing to bleed the clutch system again?

Thanks for your feed back.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Still sounds like a bleeding issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How are you bleeding the line? If you're doing it manually with squeezing the clutch and waiting for the bubbles to rise, stop. Go out and get a $40 bleeding unit from Pep Boys. Works like a charm.

If you're already using a bleeding unit, then I have no idea. But the problem with the manual method (at least for me) is that bubbles can show up days later, forcing you to redo it. It takes forever that way. The bleeding unit takes 10 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts