Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

It's been in twice for the not-starting-when-cold issue. I'll be taking it in a third time, which is the magic number in Virginia for lemon law qualification. I guess Ducati's just going to have to give me another new bike (which also probably won't start) if they can't fix it this time.

Luckily, I have paperwork on each of the visits, and I've been recording video of my attempted starts as further proof.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:mad:

It's been in twice for the not-starting-when-cold issue. I'll be taking it in a third time, which is the magic number in Virginia for lemon law qualification. I guess Ducati's just going to have to give me another new bike (which also probably won't start) if they can't fix it this time.

Luckily, I have paperwork on each of the visits, and I've been recording video of my attempted starts as further proof.
Sucks man. Where are you taking it. Take it to Donnie at Ducpond in Winchester. If he can't figure it out, then probably no one can.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sucks man. Where are you taking it. Take it to Donnie at Ducpond in Winchester. If he can't figure it out, then probably no one can.
Nah, that's way too far. I couldn't handle taking it out there on what feels to be a weekly basis.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Be sure to check the lemon law in VA. In Michigan we have a lemon law but it doesn't cover motorcycles, large trucks, and one other type of vehicle that I cannot remember.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Be sure to check the lemon law in VA. In Michigan we have a lemon law but it doesn't cover motorcycles, large trucks, and one other type of vehicle that I cannot remember.
Parachutes, although those don't usually get brought back to the dealer after a "problem".

Seriously, sorry about your luck. It has to be REALLY frustrating to buy a Duc and have constant problems. Ducatis tend to be purchased with a bit more emotion than the usual japanese standard. It must feel like having a bit of a broken heart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nah, that's way too far. I couldn't handle taking it out there on what feels to be a weekly basis.
Maybe it won't be a weekly basis anymore if you take it out there. It's not that far (I live in Northern VA).

I would think giving Ducpond a chance to fix it would be easier than going the lemon law way. Unless you just don't want it.

I do understand your frustration.

Steve.

·
Registered
60 Posts
when my duc was having unfixable problems i asked around and found the number one dealer in northern california. they put me in heaven.

while it is a fact that ducat has QA issues, your ride may be fixable and the shop you are repeating with may not know what they are doing. good luck and in worse case scenario enjoy the replacement bike :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts