Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wanted to add my fav bar ( well close to it ) to my Pikes Peak like I did to the 1200 years ago
Took a bit of time and a few extra locating holes to get done but .........
Happy with the results and the look
Will take for a spin tomorrow as I still need to open up the bar end weights to Except a bigger bolt

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice. How does that compare to the ergos of the stock bar? I've been wanting a new bar that's more narrow end-to-end.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as wide as stock after having to add 1.5” to the bar
Need the space for the controls. I just like less sweep on a bar

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Is there a trick to remove the start button block?
I tried it once and sure i felt if i didn't stop there it would come off in molecules

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Am i to assume that the same type of law applies for the throttle and the left side block?
I have a perfect bar to swap and i'm terrified of the thought of the amount of damage i can produce.
Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes
It’s the same ...... you push the tool into the slot ( outward side of switches) then slide the controls off
Yes would be an expensive mistake for sure
You have to drill the holes for the clips
Heated grip for left grip need two holes
Throttle body has one location pin on the top as well
Measure twice drill once
You need about 9.5” of bar for the controls

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Thanks Ebrew, maybe this winter i will, i also eliminated the stock mirrors, reservoirs and handguars so i should need even less space.
?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice work. I like the looks of the black bar. I’m 6’4” and have been wanting to change the factory bar to something that doesn’t sweep back as far. The problem is, the clearance of the factory bar to the fairings already seems close, and I don’t want to buy a new bar that prevents me from going to full lock side to side.
I deleted the handguards and factory mirrors this summer. I also made a little tool to remove those little plastic bar clips. I just cut a sliver off of a piece of aluminum flat bar.
This pic helps show the angle of the sweep of the factory bars.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Just a suggestion, since you eliminated the handguards and mirrors you'd be way better off using lever half moon clamps from a superbike, they clean up the whole thing quite well

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t hit the faring with the hand shields with this set up. I will be pulling the shields as well and relocating the turn signals
Next project

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work. I like the looks of the black bar. I’m 6’4” and have been wanting to change the factory bar to something that doesn’t sweep back as far. The problem is, the clearance of the factory bar to the fairings already seems close, and I don’t want to buy a new bar that prevents me from going to full lock side to side.
I deleted the handguards and factory mirrors this summer. I also made a little tool to remove those little plastic bar clips. I just cut a sliver off of a piece of aluminum flat bar.
This pic helps show the angle of the sweep of the factory bars.

I think he cut the guards that are still holding the reservoirs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just as wide as stock after having to add 1.5” to the bar
Need the space for the controls. I just like less sweep on a bar
Is that 3/4" on each side or 1.5 on each side? What did you use to extend it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for that. I found some old threads with your extensions. Do you still sell them, or is this something that my local motorcycle shop can fabricate easy enough?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m trying to find time to make more
Few people are asking
This is a different set up then before ( different design )
Don’t need the length like the older bikes

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you make more extensions, please email me, I'll send you a PM with my address. By the way, looks like Pro Taper makes the EVO Dirt Track bar with 219mm control area, .75" bigger than the contour. Has a bigger sweep too, which is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately the clamp area is much more narrow, not sure if that will work. It's also only available in black but I want silver. I might look into those. Thanks again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought Pro Taper Evo Dirt Track Handlebars and the Contours to compare them. The Dirt Track bars would have been worse. The shape would have actually pushed the hand placement out further. So I took the Contour bars to my shop and had them install it. I just didn't have the time to do it myself. I picked up the bike today and big difference! The sweep on the bars isn't a lot, but enough to really help. Should have done this long time ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts