Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dimensions?

I only have a dirtbike shop nearby and they have a massive pro taper stock... I've used them on monsters and you just fold servo tape under the clamping section where the pins would set the position...

I'd buy a stock 848(ma005 dimensions) if someone had one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, i have a SFS and have trying to fit a new handelbar, but for me Pro taper wount work due to the D messurment (clamp) all of the handelbars are to wide so my clutch, gas and controlls are to short! :-(
even the Renthal handelbars are a problem! iam trying to solve it but kinda stuck at the moment :p

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, i have a SFS and have trying to fit a new handelbar, but for me Pro taper wount work due to the D messurment (clamp) all of the handelbars are to wide so my clutch, gas and controlls are to short! :-(

even the Renthal handelbars are a problem! iam trying to solve it but kinda stuck at the moment :p

Cut the ends off

·
comrade moderator
26,771 Posts
I think in general.Pro Tapers are made for dirt bikes that don't have so much stuff clamped to the bars.
I have Pro Tapers on my KTM 950 Supermoto and there's just enough room for the pods & clutch and brake levers. There nice, though. Not much rise or sweep. Maybe check out some KTM bends.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
I'm using the Renthal #831 KTM 80cc MX bars on one of my bikes. After going through the specs they had the most room for controls to mount that I found and have a nice bend that I liked.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm using the Renthal #831 KTM 80cc MX bars on one of my bikes. After going through the specs they had the most room for controls to mount that I found and have a nice bend that I liked.
Interesting... you have any pics of that?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only regrets will be when riding 'spiritedly' and you wanna cloth up on the front where it feels so planted(I'm guessing).

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts