Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well things are getting tight and might need to sell my 2006 Black 999s, what is a reasonable asking price in this market?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Black is nice, but as the saying goes red sells.

That being said their are "black" fans. Lucky for you I have seen 999s prices doing a bit better the last few months. Mint bikes with termi are getting 12 and maybe 13K.

Ebay seems to be the best for getting the most money. Local sale might bring a bit less. Timing is everything. Hope you don't need to sell, if you do some patience may be need to get the most money.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I bought my black '05 999S biposto last Thanksgiving for $9k. It had slightly <10k miles on, had new tires, PC III, and was cosmetically flawless.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my black '05 999S biposto last Thanksgiving for $9k. It had slightly <10k miles on, had new tires, PC III, and was cosmetically flawless.
Wow that seems really cheap!?!?! i mean great deal for you but cant let this one go for that price

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
No... I was implying that you are likely pertty close...... your lower mileage and newer model year should get you into the $12k-$13k range.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty nice stable you have there Mr. Italiano. Red may be more popular, but somewhere there's a guy that wants a black 999s, and he's gonna pay a premium to get it. Case in point, a friend went all the way across the country to buy a black 999s - he did not want red. I'd bet that you get more $$$ for the 999s than you would for the 1098. Perhaps considered dumping the 1098 as these values seem to be continuing to drop???

Good luck, and please let us know how you do.

L.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's a pretty nice stable you have there Mr. Italiano. Red may be more popular, but somewhere there's a guy that wants a black 999s, and he's gonna pay a premium to get it. Case in point, a friend went all the way across the country to buy a black 999s - he did not want red. I'd bet that you get more $$$ for the 999s than you would for the 1098. Perhaps considered dumping the 1098 as these values seem to be continuing to drop???

Good luck, and please let us know how you do.

L.
Well thanks you! So if you did not see this coming i will be posting up the 999s in the for sale section after lunch time when i take some good photos of her. Price still TBD but should be around $13K

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well thanks you! So if you did not see this coming i will be posting up the 999s in the for sale section after lunch time when i take some good photos of her. Price still TBD but should be around $13K

I would have loved a black S when I was buying.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some thing sexy about a Black Ducati! I love the 999s and the 1098s in black

1 - 9 of 9 Posts