Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With increased production lot size, the price of the 7 mm and 8 mm MBP Retainers have been reduced by 25 %. A set of 8 ea (for the 2V motors, 7 mm or 8 mm) now costs $102.75. A set of 16 ea for 4V motors costs ($205.50). The combination shim kit with MBP Retainer prices have also been reduced.

No more broken half rings. Extend valve adjustment intervals. Easy installation due to the large surface area that contacts the outside cylinder of the valve stem.

All 4V motors require Modfied Opener Shims when MBP retainers are used.

On all 2v Motors, MBP Retainers work with the standard shims, NO Modified opener shims are needed.

For more info- MBP Retainers | Product Categories | EMSDUC

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Mike.
I am thinking to change my stock retainers with MBP retainers on my 696 but I have one question. Let us say I checked my valve clearances with oem rings on them and everything is in spec. When I change all of them into the MBP retainers, clearances will be staying the same or will they change assuming my all oem retainers are not beat up and in good condition already?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing the 2v-7mm half rings with the 7mm MBP retainers will tighten up your clearances about .002 in., a little more if the half rings are old and have flattened out due to use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts