Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Wondering what are recent sales values for a 2007 S2R with ~12k miles, black in good condition with service records? US market.

Opinions are welcomed but please refrain from "it depends what the buyer is willing to pay bla bla".

Thanks for your inputs!

PS: did the 2007 come with ABS and if yes, any problems with it?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
If you want a price check google Kelly Blue Book.

But you're going to have to know some technical stuff, like is it a 800 or 1000. :think:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 1000. I find kbb values very unrealistic i.r. to older bikes. Hence, the club experience request.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
If you know the KBB values are unrealistic then you already know what it’s worth. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
782 Posts
Opinions are welcomed but please refrain from "it depends what the buyer is willing to pay bla bla".
Ok.. it depends on what the market will bear. :grin2:

Seriously, though, so many variables...

I don't know what the NJ market is like, but here in CO, I don't see too many S2R's up for sale. I have seen a few in the $5k to $9k range, but no idea what they actually sold for. There's an '05 S2R 800 for sale near me, asking $6k ($1k-$2k too high IMHO) And an '08 S4RS for $9k. Both with low miles and nice add-ons. End of the season here, and they've been sitting on CL for almost 3 weeks.

Because of the seasonality here, you pay a premium in spring and get good deals in the winter, not surprisingly. Seems to be a tendency too for some sellers to over-value despite having no maintenance records, old rubber, etc.

Best bet; look at KBB, NADA, Craigslist and Cycletrader and even e-bay for your area. Then factor in mileage, service records, etc.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you R2D2! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I’ve seen a few in the $4000-4500 range for sale right now on Craigslist.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just bought an 07 S2R 1000 with 10k miles.
I got it for 4500. It seemed like the bike had too many expensive add ons for this price, but it also had some clutch issues.
That fix only cost a few hundred, I think I got a good deal..
No ABS on this series.
I see them advertised very regularly for 5k.
What are they asking for it?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I paid $4000 for my 07 S2R1000, but it needed some love. However it had no service records- so immediately it got belts and a valve check/ adjust.
At the end of the day I would have been better of spending $5000- $6000 for a clean bike with a better service history.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts