Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a great kit for your dry clutch Ducati. This Kit includes a Motowheels billet pressure plate with aluminum spring retainers and a new throw out bearing, Polished stainless steel springs and an aluminum clutch cover. On sale for $259 while supply lasts.

Details on the parts included:
MW Billet Clutch Pressure Plate:
Add some style under a vented clutch cover with a Motowheels lightweight billet aluminum clutch pressure plate in anodized red. It also includes aluminum spring retainer cups in various colors (Please specify-silver,red,blue,gold,black.) and a new throw out bearing.

Polished SS Clutch Springs :
Eliminate the unsightly, rusted and worn out OEM springs with a new set of highly polished Motowheels stainless steel clutch springs.These springs have a slightly heavier spring rate for a better clutch engagement.

MD Aluminum Clutch Cover:
Die-Cast Injected Aluminum and CNC machined for accurate fit and design. They are lightweight and will fit most Ducati's with a dry clutch. This product is Made In USA . There are 8 styles of clutch covers, available in Black only

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=442%7CDucati%20Clutch%3A&productID=4498&showDetail=1&categoryID=742|Clutch%20Kits&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Moto, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I figured I'm a multiple time customer of yours, so I'll ask it in your forum.

I just got my SpeedyMotor ARUN clutch cover today and installed it a few minutes ago. Looks (and sounds) great. Just wanted to be sure, but 2 of the bolts don't even make contact with the cover. Is that a typical install? The cover is only secured by 4 of the 6 bolts?

*Dan

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
daponik said:
I just got my SpeedyMotor ARUN clutch cover today and installed it a few minutes ago. Looks (and sounds) great. Just wanted to be sure, but 2 of the bolts don't even make contact with the cover. Is that a typical install? The cover is only secured by 4 of the 6 bolts?

*Dan
seems like it is typical of alot of clutch covers!....I'd still snug those 2 remaining bolts into place to help keep the clutch side engine casing from leaking and other possible weird effects!

·
Administrator
6,191 Posts
daponik said:
Moto, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I figured I'm a multiple time customer of yours, so I'll ask it in your forum.

*Dan
Yes, this is normal.
Tighten them down, with a little loctite in place.
That way they don't back out.
All of us that have done this mod, have the same thing.
Not a big deal at all, as long as they are snug.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds good to me. Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

Now it's time to get back to the search to find me a better tail and signal light option.

*Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts