Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2018 ECM is just around the corner and this year it's going to be a Monster year for me.

Of all the bikes I've owned and ridden up there (not to there) the Monster is my favorite. So I decided that over the Winter I'm going to get her fixed up and ready to go. Primarily to see if I can help it in the handling department. Although the roads up there are pretty much perfect and smooth as they can be The front suspension needs help. I've already tried the Racetech Gold Valves and straight rate springs and that helped, but not enough.

After a little searching around I decided to order a complete cartridge replacement set from Mupo of Italy. Apparently they supply these for a few of the Super Sport teams in WSBK. I won't see them from probably 6 weeks or more. Should be fun to setup when they get here. No tools preload adjustment and 40 clicks of rebound and compression adjustments.

I did get the seals in. I went with the All Balls. With a name like that I had to give them a try. In the past I've just driven them in with a punch and hammer but this time I went ahead and bought the proper seal driver tool to make things easier. The Race Tech grease was recommended to me by a friend that does suspension setup for Supercross. It's suppose to be magic stuff. We'll see. New bushings are also on order for the forks.

I also ordered a set of BST 5-spoke wheels with Braketech Axis Iron rotors from our friends at Motowheels. It's going to be a few weeks till they come in also. But I went ahead and got a set of Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2 tires to use on the BST's. These tires alone are about 2 lbs lighter than sport tires I've used in the past. On the BST's this should lighten up the heavy steering of the Monster a bit. Oh yea, I ordered the ceramic bearings for the front wheel. Who could resist. :)

Last but not least also on order is a Ducabike 4 spring slipper clutch setup. I absolutely hate it when I get into a corner a little hot and start grabbing brakes and downshifting and the rear starts hopping all over the road. That's just scary as all get out. The slippers that came in my KTM's have spoiled me.

This is going to be fun. Is it May yet?

Attachments

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,164 Posts
Those are some pretty sweet upgrades. :yeah:

Sounds more like you're prepping for a track day than a rally ride.

Either way,have fun.

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are some pretty sweet upgrades. :yeah:

Sounds more like you're prepping for a track day than a rally ride.

Either way,have fun.

Our rides are normally very adult like. But there’s suppose to be some damn fast women there next year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,164 Posts
*cough* He called it a "Rally". :surprise:
Off with his head!
People have been banned for less.
Wow tough crowd tonight! Nothing like having three mods mean mugging you on a Monday night to start your week out right. :laugh:

But there’s suppose to be some damn fast women there next year. :)
Oh okay got it Mike,prepping for a little BOTS. Nothing wrong with that then,carry on man.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on those Mupo fork cartridges once you've got them dialed in.
I'm guessing they're the R-Evolution type,saw those a while back on the Lemick Racing website.

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the R-Evo. They also have a model that allows changing the spring weight by moving an internal adjuster but is even MORE expensive. The R-Evo is nice enough and Its set up so you can change springs without a spring compressor by just unscrewing the preload adjuster. The preload adjuster rides on roller bearings so it’s easy to turn without tools. Too bad the Monster has handle bars that ride above the forks or you could change springs on the bike. Just what one needs for changing conditions on The Dragon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata
lk Pro

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duck,

Damn I wish I was treated as good as your S2R........That Monster should adjust its own chain after all that.

Uli-

I forgot to mention swapping to a 15/43 520 setup. I already have the Afam quick change sprocket carrier and aluminum Afam sprocket.

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And the parts start trickling in. :)

Super cool light weight rear rotor by EBC. Hey, a few grams here and there add up. :)

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, might have to check it out next year, sounds like a blast!

You should. It really not as crazy as we make it sound sometimes, but it is fun.

And motorcycling heaven!

Sometime around the end of the year a new thread will be started with all the info about dates, reservation, etc. The Lodge usually gives us a good discount on rooms.

·
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well that will add some diversity. :)

1 - 20 of 309 Posts