Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put together my Powerstand "Mario" reversible single swingarm rear stand.

I purchased it for about 140 shipped.

The stand came disassembled and was packaged professionally. Eveything was in a thick plastic bag with cardboard "end caps" to prevent damage and the loose tubes were zipped tied together to prevent scratching during shipping. All bags were tightly taped closed.

The stand came complete, there were no missing parts.

There were no installation instructions so you have to figure it out yourself. It wasn't hard as the bolts could only go in its own holes.

It would have been nice to have instructions if only to confirm your build. Having your very expensive bike fall over isn't a very good way to find out you built the stand wrong...but again, it was easy to build without instructions.

There was only one problem I had during the assembly. During the manufacturing process, it seems that from welding, there was a bit of weld splatter that made its way into the tube that the handled slides into. It was a very small piece but it was large enough to prevent the handle from sliding into the stand.

At first I thought that the tolerances were too tight but after I stuck my finger down the hole, I discovered the little bit of weld material. I took out a metal file and "knocked" it off. Problem solved.

Finish was excellent, all black, no chips in the paint. This was probably due to the excellent packaging.

There were 2 hub shafts. One for the right and one for the left side of the rear wheel. Both had excellent tolerances and slide into the hub without issues, not too loose and not too tight, just right. Each one locked on the the stand via a pin. There were about 6 pins in the package.

From the paint, I would say that they didn't QC the stand before shipping. That is to say, build the stand and break it back down. There were no signs of any of the parts being assembled previously. Aside from the little weld splatter, it was perfect.

I used the stand and works great.

In closing:
Well packaged.
Came complete.
Fit and finsh very good.
Worked great.

I highly recommend this product. Pics available upon request.

·
Registered
835 Posts
def get some pics up... maybe some instructions too!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just won one on ebay, but I promise that I won't tell you what I paid for mine... By the way, did you win yours just last week? Did you pay $127.50 plus $15 shipping? If so small world; you were bidding against me!
I won the one for the Triumph the next day and had them change the pins for me before shipping. Nice piece of equipment huh? I did get instructions, but they were lacking. The bolt with the wingnut on each end and 3 or 4 extra quick clips appear not to have homes.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gforce said:
I just won one on ebay, but I promise that I won't tell you what I paid for mine... By the way, did you win yours just last week? Did you pay $127.50 plus $15 shipping? If so small world; you were bidding against me!
I won the one for the Triumph the next day and had them change the pins for me before shipping. Nice piece of equipment huh? I did get instructions, but they were lacking. The bolt with the wingnut on each end and 3 or 4 extra quick clips appear not to have homes.
Hey, yeah that was me. :)

How much did you get your's for?

The stand is very nice. The instuctions are lacking. Isn't that wing nut supposed to connection the handle to the stand? That's what I assumed it was for but I never mounted it.

As far as the extra pins, I think at one time it looks like it shipped with all the adapters for the various bikes.

You have the monster right? How do you like it so far?

I'm lovin' the 998. G'dam its a sweet bike. I feel like a celebrity everytime I ride it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got the stand for $99 plus $15 for ship. I have a 748s for short hard rides and a bmw k1200rs for the long hard ones. I love 'em both; best of both worlds.
The pin with the loop mounts the handle to the stand. If you bought one from the dealer you would get all of the pins for the various bikes and the additional clips are for those pins, like you said.
I picked up my duc last Fall just outside of Philly.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gforce said:
I got the stand for $99 plus $15 for ship. I have a 748s for short hard rides and a bmw k1200rs for the long hard ones. I love 'em both; best of both worlds.
The pin with the loop mounts the handle to the stand. If you bought one from the dealer you would get all of the pins for the various bikes and the additional clips are for those pins, like you said.
I picked up my duc last Fall just outside of Philly.
You dog! No competition so you got it at listed price. :) Nice.

I'm from around philly, did you get the duc from Ferracci?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would have been nice if it was painted but now I'm just nit picking. :)

But seriously, I got some chain lube on the stand and it would have been nice if I could wipe it away, instead of scrubbing it.

Red or yellow would be nice. It would make it more noticable in dimly lit garages :( and adds a bit of a safety and bling factor at the same time.

Other then that, nothing to improve upon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts