Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2010 multistrada 1200s and I cannot make it wheelie, I had a hyper before and was never a problem, very easy to power wheelie with it.
Now Im trying from around 6-7000rpm (most torque) in 2 gear and it lifts just a little bit, but no more. Is DTC stopping me?
I only have DTC on/off. No levels.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks
Luk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Never noticed any wheelie control on mine.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
are you just trying to throttle up without any help (drop then hit the throttle to transfer weight, clutch up, lean back, etc...)?

in second on stock gearing mine will come up if I'm not on the tank with either a little throttle manipulation to load the suspension or with some physical movement for weight transfer... but if I'm just going along at 6k and poke the throttle (without doing anything else) I don't think it would. (edit... it does come up a bit if I'm going up a highway onramp in second just from hitting the midrange power during acceleration... not sure if being on a hill makes a difference).

With better gearing the Multi pops up a LOT easier (have to lean on the tank to keep it down in second).

Also... are your tires shot (TC kicking in maybe?).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you just trying to throttle up without any help (drop then hit the throttle to transfer weight, clutch up, lean back, etc...)?

in second on stock gearing mine will come up if I'm not on the tank with either a little throttle manipulation to load the suspension or with some physical movement for weight transfer... but if I'm just going along at 6k and poke the throttle (without doing anything else) I don't think it would. (edit... it does come up a bit if I'm going up a highway onramp in second just from hitting the midrange power during acceleration... not sure if being on a hill makes a difference).

With better gearing the Multi pops up a LOT easier (have to lean on the tank to keep it down in second).

Also... are your tires shot (TC kicking in maybe?).
Thanks. I just open the throttle like I did with the hyper 1100. No body movements or weight transfer. No suspension loading. Maybee thats the way to go? I have to try.
Im use to 1100hyper and was very easy compared :p

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Thanks. I just open the throttle like I did with the hyper 1100. No body movements or weight transfer. No suspension loading. Maybee thats the way to go? I have to try.
Im use to 1100hyper and was very easy compared :p
The Multi's longer wheelbase and gearing makes it less wheelie happy than the hyper. If you like wheelies go -1/+2 on gearing and you'll like the result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts