Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a two part question:

Can I run a 120/60/17 front tire for my 749?

and second, are there any issues running power race with medium compound in the front and soft in the rear?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ok I got a two part question:

Can I run a 120/60/17 front tire for my 749?

and second, are there any issues running power race with medium compound in the front and soft in the rear?
You can, but do you need the faster steering?

The 70 should give you a better contact patch.

Compund wise, talk to your Michelin trackside rep. Sure, you can mix compounds. But they can look at your current wear and make a better recommendation. Also, keep in mind with the hotter summer temps, a Soft rear might not last too long.

Also, you might wanna look at the Power One's. Fantastic tires!

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
From what I have heard, it is usually best to have a softer front than back as opposed to a softer back than front. If the front end still sticks with the med front then go for it, but you don't want to have the front end washing out.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
I ran a soft frony and medium rear. I went through 2 sets of Power Race then tried Bridgestone BT002's due to cost, Over $125 less a set. I'll never go back to the Michelin.

·
Registered
797 Posts
70 series will offer better stability, also most do not run harder tire in the front with a soft rear.
Remember we are not riding in MotoGP.

Seeing that you are asking everyone, you may not have a lot of experience with track days, if so ask someone who knows your track and bike, well. Or just be safe and run a set of softs, front and rear.....Scrub them in at the recommended pressure (track pressure) reset pressures after your first session and just have fun and get to know your bike in a different way.

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice, I use to just run my pilot powers and got more into the track this year. I got a free new power race soft so I decided to try it out.

I will most likely ask my track vendor on what he recommends with looking into my tire wear..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts