Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
All of the above plus.. If its new to you I'd suggest going through it pretty throughly. Read the hall of wisdom plus remove the fuel pump. It a pain getting to and replacing the big oring on the bung, but its well worth the effort,time and peace of mind. The gas tank is steel with a polymer lining. Eventually the lining breaks down (remember its about 10yrs old) and the inside of the tank starts rusting. When I did mine the inlet screen was packed with rust and sludge. While you are there replace the fuel filter and check the hoses for cracking and splitting. If they're hard as a rock, replace them. Also check the plastic nut holding the fuel sender in place, they are very prone to cracking and leaking. Check out other posts for leaking fuel tanks, it'll give tips on how to reinstall the big oring and where you can buy metal replacement nuts (Yellow Blur has a supply). In all expect to spend some money it especially if maintenance records are unavailable and the belts and rockers are questionable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.