Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Power Commander V out in two weeks! UPDATED!!

Ok so take this with a grain of salt but my mechanic claims he knows a guy at Dyno Jet. I told him about our fueling issues and the demand for the PCV. He put a call into the guy who said it will be out in two weeks. :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Flyn its not out in the UK ........Come on PC fuckin hurry up i,m sick of the poppin....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I don't know what he's thinking but the PCV has been out for a couple of months now...

http://www.shop.kyleusa.com/product.sc?productId=383&categoryId=134

What you can't yet get is the "o2 eliminator" that will allow it to work with our bikes...
I just checked and the Dyno Jet website is updated with a product # now instead of the "coming soon" that was there a few weeks ago. That good news!

The Auto Tune unit which addresses the O2 sensors also shows as available on the website.

·
Bon Vivant
11,245 Posts
oh I see... you're waiting for a map for the SF supplied from dynojet.

Otherwise they are all the same, The connectors and the hardware are the same for 1098/1198/SF and a lot of other ducs.
A map can be created by your tuner and loaded into any existing PCIII/PCV. A custom map will always work better than the one supplied from Dynojet. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, the PCV will not over-ride the closed loop system anyway (even with the factory supplied map). A PCV alone will not fix our bikes :eek:

The o2 eliminator is required to fix our bikes, after that - then a PCIII or PCV will work just fine.

I thought the O2 eliminator was part of the PCV???
NOPE! read the description under the PCV on Dynojets website

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh I see... you're waiting for a map for the SF supplied from dynojet.

Otherwise they are all the same, The connectors and the hardware are the same for 1098/1198/SF and a lot of other ducs.
A map can be created by your tuner and loaded into any existing PCIII/PCV. A custom map will always work better than the one supplied from Dynojet. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, the PCV will not over-ride the closed loop system anyway (even with the factory supplied map). A PCV alone will not fix our bikes :eek:

The o2 eliminator is required to fix our bikes, after that - then a PCIII or PCV will work just fine.

NOPE! read the description under the PCV on Dynojets website
Ok, I just called Dyno Jet myself to see whats what. This is the deal. The PCV does override the closed loop system and eliminates the O2 sensors. You don't need anything else to tune it, it works with the stock ECU. Thats the good part. The bad part is, that's how its designed to work. He said they are not shipping them out as of now because DynoJet has not been able to figure out how to override the O2 sensors on all the new Ducati's, Moto Guzzi's and Aprilia's. Maybe their are others but those are the ones they mentioned. They are working on it and he believes they will figure it out but no ETA. He said give him a call in a few months. Ugh. :mad:

So it sounds like when they get it figured out, this will be the way to go, with or without an aftermarket exhaust. If not he said you'll need a way to lose the closed loop system another way, ie., D/P ECU.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The guys over on the V11lemans Moto Guzzi forum have been chafing at the bit for this fix for many months now. Just so you know, this has been a work in progress for many many months, so I would be surprised to see something quickly. Don't hold your breath.

·
Bon Vivant
11,245 Posts
Ok, I just called Dyno Jet myself to see whats what. This is the deal. The PCV does override the closed loop system and eliminates the O2 sensors. You don't need anything else to tune it, it works with the stock ECU. Thats the good part. The bad part is, that's how its designed to work. He said they are not shipping them out as of now because DynoJet has not been able to figure out how to override the O2 sensors on all the new Ducati's, Moto Guzzi's and Aprilia's. Maybe their are others but those are the ones they mentioned. They are working on it and he believes they will figure it out but no ETA. He said give him a call in a few months. Ugh.
Very interesting, I've been talking with Dan kyle about this issue since 07 with the 1098!
Dan works very closely with Dynojet and is one of their biggest dealers / tuners so I assumed he was in the loop...

Dan told me that DJ has a working prototype for a separate o2 eliminator and that the PCV would not perform that function,
apparently it doesn't on the currently released version.

I've been hoping for this solution for two years already, I hope I'm wrong but I doubt we'll see it anytime soon.

If the new PCV for the SF does indeed map all cells across the rpm range I'll be the first in line to strap one on my bike!

But for now, as I said (and apparently dynojet confirms), the PCV will not fix our bikes

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
But for now, as I said (and apparently dynojet confirms), the PCV will not fix our bikes
The ProTune ECU remap kit is looking more inviting every day...all we need is for someone to try it and let us know if it works...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts